These instructions are for those who've been admitted to a program at CIIS. If you want to take a course or courses without being admitted, submit the Special Student Application. Contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-575-6126 to request this.
If you are waitlisted, you will remain on the waitlist until:
- The waitlist is purged (on the Add Deadline); OR
- A seat opens up and you are added; OR
- You drop yourself from it. You may drop online or by submitting a written request to the Registrar’s Office.
Check your schedule regularly online to see if you have been moved from the waitlist into the class. As a courtesy, the Registrar’s Office will notify you if this happens, but do not rely on this. Once you’re added, you become responsible for the course’s tuition and academic requirements. Ignorance of being added will not be accepted as a reason for waiving these requirements.
If you have not been added to the course by its start date, you may attend its first class meeting if you have the instructor’s permission.
If at the first class meeting you receive permission from the instructor to be added to the course, obtain it in writing and bring it to the Registrar’s Office prior to the Add Deadline.
Do not assume:
- The instructor will notify the Registrar’s Office of his or her consent. It is your job, not the instructor’s, to supply this notification.
- You won’t be added to the course if you do not attend the first class meeting.