California Institute of Integral Studies actively seeks a diverse student body, one whose varied backgrounds, experiences, and interests help cultivate a rich and rewarding educational experience for all. Decisions regarding admission are based on consideration of (1) the applicant's potential for success in the chosen field of study based upon past academic/professional achievement, maturity, and motivation for educational and personal development; and (2) the congruence of the applicant's interests with the philosophy and purpose of the program and Institute.
CIIS is committed to international education and to providing quality support and services for international students.
CIIS offers a warm welcome to our veterans and their family members who served to keep our nation safe.
The Financial Aid Office is committed to assisting both domestic and international CIIS students with FAFSA, scholarships, grants, and loans.
Apply for Fall 2019
You are able to submit your entire application online , save for the transcripts. As a first step, start the application online by clicking on the link above.
Transcripts should be either emailed or mailed to the CIIS Admissions Office. If emailing transcripts, please send to email@example.com. If mailing, please send to:
1453 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
Application Deadline Information:
January 15, 2019 - Drama Therapy deadline
February 15, 2019 - First priority deadline for all other programs: Submit by February 15th for guaranteed review.
April 15, 2019 - Second priority application deadline: (pending space availability) Applications after this date are considered on a space-available basis and may not be able to be considered if you miss this deadline.
May 15, 2019 - Final priority application deadline for programs still accepting applications.
June 15, 2019 - Extension deadline for programs still accepting applications.
August 1, 2019 - Final deadline. Many of our programs are full and will no longer be accepting applications for Fall 2019.
The following programs still are currently accepting applications for Fall 2019:
- Integrative Health Studies (MA)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BS)
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (BA)
- Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine: First Professional Doctorate (DACM)
- Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine: Master's Degree (MSTCM)
- Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine: Post-Graduate Doctorate (DAOM)
- Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine: Transitional Doctorate
- Anthropology and Social Change (MA, PhD)
- Ecology, Spirituality and Religion (MA, PhD)
- East-West Psychology (MA, PhD)
- Interdisciplinary Arts and Writing (MFA)
- Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness (MA, PhD)
- Transformative Leadership (MA)
- Transformative Studies (PhD)
- Human Sexuality (PhD) - nearly full