Change yourself - Change the world.
The world is transformed by how we are in it. We are all participants-both leaders and followers.
How does this integral awareness open the way to becoming a transformative leader, one, who in relationship with diverse others, perpetually sees beyond the horizon of convenient knowing and conventional doing and being?
Those of us who seek a more compassionate, just, and wise world, come together in this program, to inquire, learn, reflect, and practice meaningful leadership at personal, community, and organizational levels.
Transformative leadership is a cyclical, generative process, that is adaptive to ever-changing contexts, people, and social realities and supports self transformation in service of transforming the world.
Become the adept leader you want to be with capacities and skills that transform. A transformative leader:
- Recognizes that leadership is a process, not a role
- Engages in self-inquiry with tools such as 360-feedback process, Synergic Inquiry, cycles of action and reflection, and contemplative practices
- Understands principles of complexity, using systems thinking to recognize leverage points for change
- With others, re-frames problems in ways that inspire multiple approaches and novel solutions
- Artfully holds space for different and competing perspectives
- Works synergistically with diverse stakeholders
- Practices centering processes and mindful action
- Continually reflects deeply about personal leadership philosophy and values and enacts them
- Fosters a caring, receptive presence in group work
- Facilitates multiple ways of knowing to access entrenched assumptions
- Embraces uncertainty
- Communicates thoughtfully and effectively in print, online, and face-to-face
- Conducts Basic Qualitative Research to understand individual and group ways of making meaning and interpreting experience.
- Steps more assuredly down one's perpetually uncertain path.
Capstone Action Project
Throughout the program, hone more complex and creative ways of knowing and relating and doing. Allow these capacities to evolve a leadership philosophy to guide the design and implementation of a culminating project that is personally meaningful. Receive ongoing support from faculty, learning peers, guest speakers, texts, practicums and the communities and coalitions drawn to each project.
The Capstone Action project potentially seeds small and large changes. The project can become a catalyst for deepening a current career or creating a new one.