CIIS’ Integrative Health Studies program delivers a master’s degree curriculum at an accredited university and prepares students to become integrative health and wellness practitioners.
Our non-clinical program holds a clear commitment to bridging allopathic or biomedical and alternative or complementary approaches to treatment. Students take all required courses as a cohort and experience supportive, collective learning.
Throughout the program, students are exposed to intellectually rigorous, experiential coursework and a collaborative scholarly environment that combines evidence-based science with mind-body-spirit integration. The program concludes with the development of the student’s professional materials and a capstone project that demonstrates their ability to apply integrative health principles in real-world situations and settings.
Graduates of the Integrative Health Studies master’s program also receive three certificates to complement their career development as integral health coaches.
This program is NBHWC-approved, and our graduates meet the eligibility requirements to sit for the Health & Wellness Coaching Certifying Examination to become National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches.
Master of Arts in Integrative Health Studies
In addition to developing theoretical knowledge during the Integrative Health Studies program, students acquire practical skills with a special focus on integrative wellness coaching. Our graduates go on to work in private practice, hospitals and clinics, wellness programs, and international non-governmental organizations.
Graduates are prepared to work in the field of integrative health as:
- Health and wellness managers, program coordinators, and specialists (Alameda Health System, SF General Hospital, Charlotte Maxwell Clinic)
- Integrative health coaches, health educators, researchers (CPMC Institute of Health and Healing, One Medical Group, Epiphany Health)
- Writers, editors, or speakers on integrative wellness
- Leaders in social, political and environmental interventions
- Consultants and coaches to digital health platforms, healthy living websites and app developers
Questions? Contact us.
We are here to help! If you have any questions about applying to a program or registering for an Info Session, please reach out to the Admissions Office.