In addition to an MA, our students earn a CIIS certificates in Integrative Health/Wellness Coaching and Wellness Management, and in Guided Imagery. The coaching certificate is obtained by successfully completing the required courses within the two-year curriculum. The guided imagery certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course called Transformative Imagery.
Why Study Integrative Wellness Coaching and Wellness Management?
• Learn to help others develop health-enhancing behaviors and assist them in attaining their health goals
• Study effective coaching skills for individuals or groups using leading theories and evidence-based models, including Motivational Interviewing, Transtheoretical Model, Positive Psychology, Internal Family Systems, Non-Violent Communication, and Enneagram for Coaching.
• Deepen personal commitments to holistic self-care practices.
• Choose to work either independently or with corporate employers, medical practices, or non-profits.
Why Study Coaching at CIIS?
• Our program offers an accredited MA.
• This program is an ICHWC-Approved Transition Program. Successful graduates meet the eligibility requirements (for the Transition Phase) to sit for the HWC Certifying Examination required for health and wellness coaches to become National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (NBC-HWC).
• Professor Meg Jordan has written has written a leading text for the field, How to be a Health Coach.
• Our FAQs list even more reasons for the value of an MA from CIIS.
What Do Wellness Coaches Need to Know?
In this video from Global Advances in Health and Medicine, Professor Meg Jordan explains what health coaches should know in order to be successful practitioners, and how that knowledge protects them, their clients, and the public.
What Does Wellness Coaching Look Like?
Our YouTube channel features two videos in which Professor Meg Jordan demonstrates wellness coaching.
Certificate in Guided Imagery
Guided imagery is invaluable healing technique for health and wellness coaches, and integrative wellness practitioners. Our course, Transformative Imagery, is taught by Leslie Davenport, MFT, a leading author and teacher in the field. The course is available for CEUs; please contact the program manager for further information.
The CIIS program has been awarded 100 ACSTH Approved Coach Specific Training Hours as an International Coach Federation (ICF) approved site. These hours can be applied toward the professional coach certifications offered by ICF.
This program is an ICHWC-Approved Transition Program. Successful graduates meet the eligibility requirements (for the Transition Phase) to sit for the HWC Certifying Examination required for health & wellness coaches to become National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (NBC-HWC).