In addition to an MA, our students earn a CIIS certificates in Integrative Health/Wellness Coaching and Wellness Management, and in Guided Imagery. The coaching certificate is obtained by successfully completing the required courses within the curriculum. The guided imagery certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the Transformative Imagery course.
Why Study Integrative Health Coaching and Wellness Management?
• Learn to help others develop health-enhancing behaviors and assist them in attaining their health goals
• Study effective coaching skills for individuals or groups using leading theories and evidence-based models, including Motivational Interviewing, Transtheoretical Model, Positive Psychology, Internal Family Systems, Non-Violent Communication, and Enneagram for Coaching.
• Deepen personal commitments to holistic self-care practices.
• Choose to work either independently or with corporate employers, medical practices, or non-profits.
Why Study Coaching at CIIS?
• Our program offers an accredited MA.
• Our program is ICHWC Approved. Graduates meet the eligibility requirements to sit for the ICHWC Certifying Examination required for health and wellness coaches to become National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (NBC-HWC).
• Professor Meg Jordan has written has written a leading text for the field, How to be a Health Coach.
• Our FAQs list even more reasons for the value of an MA from CIIS.
What Do Health Coaches Need to Know?
In this video from Global Advances in Health and Medicine, Professor Meg Jordan explains what health coaches should know in order to be successful practitioners, and how that knowledge protects them, their clients, and the public.
What Does Health Coaching Look Like?
Our YouTube channel features two videos in which Professor Meg Jordan demonstrates health coaching.
Certificate in Guided Imagery
Guided imagery is invaluable healing technique for health and wellness coaches, and integrative wellness practitioners. Our course Transformative Imagery is taught in the fall semester by Leslie Davenport, MFT, a leading author and teacher in the field. All students in the program will take the course and, upon successful completion, be awarded a certificate in guided imagery.
The course is also available for 45 hours of continuing education credits for MFTs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavior Sciences. CIIS is BBS Provider #PCE652. Requirements for CEUs include: Attendance at all in-person and online classes over the 15-week semester; demonstrated proficiency through dyad work, with informal and formal mentored observations; completion of all written assignments, including an academic paper; completion of an additional 12 hours of practice sessions. For more information, and to learn how to register, please contact our program manager.
The CIIS program has been awarded 100 ACSTH Approved Coach Specific Training Hours as an International Coach Federation (ICF) approved site. These hours can be applied toward the professional coach certifications offered by ICF.
This program is an ICHWC Approved. Graduates meet the eligibility requirements to sit for the ICHWC Certifying Examination required for health and wellness coaches to become National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (NBC-HWC).