- October 8, 2022
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
InterContinental San Francisco
888 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Regular Registration: $330–$430
Member Registration: $264–$344
(Learn how to become a Member)
Six CEUs available for purchase after registration
Health and Safety
Masks are strongly encouraged for all event attendees. Capacity will be reduced to better accommodate distancing, but this will be a large completely indoor event. These policies are subject to change as we will follow all guidelines of the CDC, San Francisco County, and the venue.
By registering for this event, you agree to abide by any masking or social distancing requirements we may implement at a later date to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. All changes to guidelines will be communicated by email to event attendees in advance of the event.
Six CEU credits are available for an additional fee of $30. After you register for the workshop, your confirmation email from Eventbrite will contain a link to the site where you can purchase the CEUs from our co-sponsor, Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA). CEUs may be purchased at any time before the workshop, but only those who have purchased in advance will receive the credits. See below for details.
If you need to request accessibility accommodations, please email email@example.com at least one week prior to the event. For more information, explore our Accessibility web page.
Psychotherapist and bestselling author Esther Perel is one of today’s most revered voices on modern relationships and sexuality. She has devoted her entire professional life to helping couples find a sense of aliveness and vitality in their connections—bolstering both the quality of their lives and their relationships. Building on more than 35 years of experience as an individual and couples' therapist, Esther brings a new perspective to the state of modern love, communication and connection, sharing lessons that apply broadly to relationships in the world at large.
In this in-person workshop, Esther shares insights into emotional and erotic intelligence, setting boundaries, managing conflict and the ever-changing identity of modern marriage and family. Participants explore the tensions, obstacles, and anxieties that arise when our quest for love and security conflicts with our pursuit of adventure and freedom.
Join Esther for a closer look at relationships and intimacy. This workshop is open to the general public in addition to offering continuing education credits for some licensed professionals.
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients.
Esther Perel is a Psychotherapist and New York Times bestselling author who is recognized as one of today’s most insightful and original voices on modern relationships. Fluent in nine languages, she helms a therapy practice in New York City and serves as an organizational consultant for Fortune 500 companies around the world. Her celebrated TED talks have garnered more than 40 million views and her international bestseller Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence became a global phenomenon translated into 31 languages. Her newest book is the New York Times bestseller The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity (HarperCollins). She is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, an AASECT certified sex therapist, a member of the American Family Therapy Academy and of the Society for Sex Therapy and Research. Esther is also an executive producer and host of the popular podcasts Where Should We Begin? and How’s Work? Her latest project is Where Should We Begin - A Game of Stories with Esther Perel. Learn more at EstherPerel.com or by following @EstherPerelOfficial on Instagram.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a historical and multicultural perspective on notions of love and marriage
2. Analyze the relationship between culture and sexuality
3. Describe how our emotional history is embodied
4. Describe innovative strategies to balance the dual needs for safety and trust as well as freedom and individuality
5. Demonstrate how to intervene in impasses such as discrepant relational desires, pursuer-distancer dynamics, power struggles, conflict and more
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
6 CEUs are available for an additional fee of $30. After you register for the workshop, your confirmation email from Eventbrite will contain a link to the site where you can purchase the CEUs from our co-sponsor, Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA). CEUs may be purchased at any time before the workshop, but only those who have purchased in advance will receive the credits. See below for details.
- CEUs for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Academy is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CEUs for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of Continuing Education by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of Continuing Education by the American Psychological Association.
- SCA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about completing the CE evaluation materials for this course, as well as receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact CIIS Public Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For other questions about CEUs, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact Spiritual Competency Academy at email@example.com.