COVID-19 Update from the Program
The School of Undergraduate Studies (SUS) will continue to hold all classes online and virtually through Summer 2021 semester, which means we will not hold any on-campus meetings. SUS and CIIS will continue to monitor the situation daily and will follow current medical guidelines to ensure the safety of students, faculty, and staff. In SUS we feel especially fortunate to have experienced faculty who work well in the online and virtual modalities, and we look forward to working with you as you join our vibrant community. We will keep everyone apprised of our plans via the CIIS website/Canvas Cafe. If you have any questions, please contact Yue Ming Huang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BS in Psychology Accepting Applications for Fall 2021!
Accepting applications for waitlist only for the online version of this program for Fall 2021. Still accepting applications for the hybrid version of this program for Fall 2021.
Application Deadline Information for Fall 2021:
January 15, 2021 - Deadline for Drama Therapy. Submit by January 15th at 11:59pm PT for guaranteed review.
February 15, 2021 - 1st Priority deadline for all other programs. Submit by February 15th, 2021 at 11:59pm PT. for guaranteed review. After this date, some programs may be full and only interview for waitlist spots or not be able to further review applications.
March 15, 2021 - 2nd Priority deadline.
April 15, 2021 - 3rd Priority deadline.
May 15, 2021 - 4th Priority deadline.
June 15, 2021 - 5th Priority deadline.
July 15, 2021 - Final deadline. Submit by July 15th, 2021 at 11:59pm PT.
August 15, 2021 - Select programs will still consider applications on a space-available basis.
Please note the following programs are full and no longer accepting applications for Fall 2021: Clinical Psychology (PsyD), Drama Therapy (MA), Integral and Transpersonal Psychology (PhD regular track full; ITPS concentration still accepting applications), Integreal Counseling Psychology (MA both weekday and weekend track), Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness (MA and PhD), Somatic Psychology (MA), and Women's Spirituality (PhD).
“In our Bachelor of Science in Psychology program we want you to learn towards exactly what you and your communities need most. We think the education we offer in psychology is a strong base from which to support the life you want to fully step into.”
— Kris Brandenburger, Core Faculty
About the Program
People often ask about the difference between a BA and a BS degree in psychology. The simple answer is that the BS has a much higher concentration of coursework in the field of psychology than the BA. The BS gives learners the opportunity to focus their studies in the field of psychology, including coursework in neurobiology, cognition, trauma, and consciousness.
- Complete your undergraduate degree in as little as one year
- Be part of a dynamic learning community
- Small class size, average size 18-25 students
- Work in innovative areas of psychology, such as neurodiversity and transpersonal psychology
- Apply your skills and passions in a Senior Project of your design
One Degree, Two Formats
- Hybrid format: On-campus students will attend in-person classes 4 weekends every semester. In addition to in-person class meetings, learning is also done online via our online Learning Management System, Canvas. All online classes allow students to continue their learning, collaboration, and discussions that they began at class meetings.
- Online format: Online students will attend a 3 to 5 day in-person intensive to begin each semester. Following the intensive, all learning is done online via our online Learning Management System, Canvas. All online classes allow students to continue their learning, collaboration, and discussions that they began at the intensives.
|Community Relations Officer||Disability Case Manager|
|Employee Relations Specialist||Behavior Specialist|
|Clinical Coordinator||Human Resources Specialist|
|Labor Relations Specialist||Management Analyst|
|Public Relations Specialist||Substance Abuse Counselor|
|Parole/Police Officer||Case Worker/Community Outreach|
|Public Administration||Research Analyst|