Climate Psychology Certificate Fees
Program Fee: $4,000–$6,000
Application Fee: $50 (non-refundable)
CIIS Public Programs and the Climate Psychology Certificate team are committed to offering the certificate program in an equitable way that increases accessibility and reaches a diverse array of students. Our sliding scale option allows accepted students to choose their program fee within the designated range.
Future Leader Scholarships
As part of our mission to expand and diversify the field of climate psychology, CIIS Public Programs has designated funds to offer up to (2) Full Scholarships & (4) Half scholarships every cohort for those in financial need. As per our commitment to diversity and inclusion, at least half of all scholarship funds will be designated to those who identify as queer, trans, Black, Indigenous, and/or People of Color (QTBIPOC).
The Future Leader scholarships are specifically for applicants who plan to use their climate psychology certification not only to expand their personal practice, but to pursue a leadership position within the field of climate psychology. Examples of this could include, but not be limited to:
- Developing programming to provide emotional support to climate activist organizations
- Conducting research into the mental health dimensions of the climate crisis
- Training clinicians on assessing and treating climate distress
- Working with existing community resources, including first responders, to increase awareness of mental health consequences of climate related disasters
- Developing climate curricula for schools
- Teaching parenting skills
- Engaging in climate communications
- Providing behavioral science consultation to agriculture and land use work
- Working with environmental justice groups in BIPOC communities
- Integrating emotional sustainability themes in business or tech organizations
To apply, please upload a 1–2 page essay with your program application that answers the following questions:
- How will you pursue a leadership position within the field of climate psychology after you complete your training?
- How will you bring the climate psychology education you receive in this program to others in your professional and/or other communities?
- What is your financial situation and why are you applying for a scholarship?
All accepted students will be eligible for payment plan options (one, two, or four installments) at no extra charge.
All current and former CIIS students are eligible to receive a 25% discount ($1000) off the program fee.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
A non-refundable application fee of $50 is due at the time of application. Payment of the program fee (or the first payment of your payment plan) must be received by September 1, 2023, to secure your space in the program. Payment plans are available and will be provided to accepted applicants. If a student withdraws before October 1, 2023, fifty percent of the full fee will be due. The full fee is due if a student withdraws after October 1, 2023.
If you have additional questions email CIIS Public Programs.