How do I register/buy tickets for an event?
Click on the registration/ticket link on any event page on our website and you will be taken to a secure registration/purchase site. You will receive a confirmation email after registration. We will email you streaming links and instructions on how to access the live online event 2 days, 2 hours, and 5 minutes before the event starts.
Tickets and donations for individual talks and conversations are nonrefundable. For workshops our policies are the following:
- If you cancel at least 7 days prior to the workshop start date (the date of the event or the first day of any multiple day workshops), you will receive a full refund to the credit card used when registering.
- If you cancel less than 7 days prior to the start of the workshop, you will receive CIIS Public Programs credit on your Eventbrite account that can be used towards a future Public Programs event. Within 7 days of the workshop, we cannot refund tickets to your credit card.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the workshop start time (or the start time of the first day of a multiple day event) there are no refunds or credits available.
- As a benefit of membership, CIIS Public Programs Members can request a full refund up to 24 hours prior to the event start.
How do I request a credit?
Event credits are linked to your Eventbrite account and can only be used for other CIIS Public Programs events. For more information about how to use event credits, visit Eventbrite to learn more You can also email us to request refund/credit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I need to access Public Program events online?
For conversations and talks: These are streamed live to YouTube. You do not need anything other than YouTube access in order to watch and participate in the audience Q&A. After registering, you will receive an email from Eventbrite, sent to the email used while registering, with the streaming link. This email is sent out 2 days, 2, hours, and 7 minutes before the event starts. Some of them are available to watch after they stream; those events will be available for watching on the CIIS Public Programs YouTube channel.
For workshops: For the best experience, we advise that you have a computer, stable internet, webcam, speaker, and microphone. We suggest earbuds or a headset with a built-in microphone. If your computer does not have a built-in camera; you will need a separate webcam. Learn more on how to operate and navigate Zoom via Zoom's website.
Are your online conversations and workshops recorded for later viewing?
In most cases we record online workshops and make a copy of the recording available to all registered attendees for a limited time. Each workshop is unique and many deal with sensitive topics or content that is not suitable to record, so we work with presenters to determine a recording policy that makes sense for the content. Please refer to the event description to see the recording policy for the specific workshop or program.
Many of our talks and conversations are recorded for our podcast, which you can access at bit.ly/CIISPOD. A s of April 2020, we post many of our online conversations on the CIIS Public Programs YouTube channel.
What Accommodations Does CIIS Public Programs Offer?
CIIS Public Programs is committed to making our events accessible.
Learn about Accessibility and Accommodations at CIIS Public Programs by exploring our Accessibility web page.
Do you offer any financial assistance for your programs?
We also offer Memberships for $100 per year—all members receive 20% off all of our events. If you attend just two workshops per year, your membership pays for itself. Your membership support also allows us to continue to offer discounted and free tickets to students and those in need, in addition to helping us produce our podcast to further increase accessibility to our programs.
Do you offer Continuing Education credits (CEs) at your events?
Yes, certain workshops and semester-long certificate programs are eligible to offer BBS and APA CEs. You can stay up to date on events that offer CEs by:
- Subscribing to our newsletter and selecting "Continuing Education" as an area of interest: https://www.ciis.edu/public-programs
- Checking our event calendar and choosing the filter "Continuing Education": https://www.ciis.edu/public-programs/event-calendar
- Checking the event description (we will always include information on how to get CEs in the event description when applicable)
We currently offer APA and BBS CEs through a third-party CE provider, Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA).
Once you register for an applicable event, you will receive a link to purchase CEs at the bottom of your confirmation email. We’ll send the link again in our reminder emails 1 week, 2 days, 2 hours and 5 min before the event. The link will take you to a third-party website where you can purchase CEs. After the event, you can return to the same link to complete a survey and download your certificate.
CIIS Public Programs may ask for your email address in social media campaigns or on our website. We do not share your email address with anyone.
When you sign up you will receive a welcome email from us as well as two weekly newsletters via Mailchimp. You can change your preferences, opt-in to specific groups, as well as unsubscribe at any time.
How do I submit a proposal to Public Programs?
Read the instructions for how to submit a proposal to Public Programs.