How do I register/buy tickets for an event?
Click on the registration/ticket link on any event page on our website and you will be taken to a secure registration/purchase site. You will receive a confirmation email after registration. We will email you streaming links and instructions on how to access the live online event 2 days, 2 hours, and 5 minutes before the event starts.
Can I get a credit/refund?
Tickets for individual talks and conversations are nonrefundable. For workshops our policies are the following:
To receive credit that can be applied to future CIIS Public Programs events*:
- If you cancel 7 or more days prior to the workshop, the full amount of your ticket purchase will be credited to your Eventbrite account.
- If you cancel between 1 and 7 days prior to the workshop, 50% of your ticket fee will be credited to your Eventbrite account.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the workshop there are no refunds or credits available.
- Credits expire one year after date of credit issue.
To receive a refund:
- If you cancel 14 or more days prior to the workshop, your fee will be refunded, minus a $25 processing fee.
- If you cancel between 1 and 14 days prior to the workshop, 50% of your ticket fee will be refunded.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the workshop there are no refunds or credits available
* Credit can be used for nearly every event, but some exceptions may apply.
How do I request a credit/refund?
You can request a refund or credit directly through Eventbrite. You can also email us to request refund/credit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I need to access Public Program events online?
For conversations and talks: These are streamed and watchable on YouTube. You do not need anything other than YouTube access in order to watch and participate in the chat. After registering, you will receive an email from Eventbrite, sent to the email used while registering, with the streaming link. This email is sent out 2 days, 2, hours, and 7 minutes before the event starts. If you are unable to watch the event when it streams; it will be available for watching after the event on the CIIS Public Programs YouTube channel.
For workshops: You will need a computer, stable internet, webcam, speaker, and microphone that can operate Zoom. We suggest earbuds or a headset with a built-in microphone. If your computer does not have a built-in camera; you will need a separate webcam. For instructions on how to operate and navigate Zoom click here.
Are your online conversations and workshops recorded for later viewing?
Out of respect for the privacy of all workshop participants, we do not record any video or audio from our workshops. Our workshops are experiential and interactive, and in order to create an open atmosphere of sharing, we assure all participants that there will be no recording.We do however have talks and conversations that we record for on our podcast, which you can access at bit.ly/CIISPOD and as of April 2020, we post online conversations on our CIIS Public Programs YouTube channel.
What Kind of Accessibility Does CIIS Offer?
For accessibility information and requests pertaining to individuals with disabilities, as well as policies on nondiscrimination, please email email@example.com
Do you offer any financial assistance for your programs?
We offer financial assistance through our Scholarship Program. Click here for details and scholarship applications.
We also offer Memberships for $100 per year—all members receive 20% off all of our events. If you attend just two workshops per year, your membership pays for itself. Your membership support also allows us to continue to offer discounted and free tickets to students and those in need, in addition to helping us produce our podcast to further increase accessibility to our programs.
How do I submit a proposal to Public Programs?
Read the instructions here