Questions for CIIS Public Programs?
We are open between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
Phone: (415) 575-6175
Select featured artwork by Sarah Coleman.
Read our Mission, Inclusion, and Land Acknowledgement Statements at About Us.
Submitting a proposal to CIIS Public Programs
We look for scholars who have made an original contribution in their field, published authors, health practitioners with solid credentials, and artists or musicians with established reputations and bodies of work. Most of our presenters are sought out by our programming department and do not come from unsolicited proposals. If the originator of a particular discipline is available, we will do our best to host him or her, rather than a student of the work. Our current workshops feature professionals who have experience teaching in university settings, leading retreats, or performing in front of large audiences. Please refer to past course catalogues to better acquaint yourself with the themes and subjects that are common in our programs.
If you'd like to submit a proposal for a prospective workshop
Please provide CIIS Public Programs with an outline of your proposal. Also include a brief description of your qualifications and experience in the subject, noting any published works. Information we strongly suggest you include:
- Contact information: address, phone number, email address
- Your teaching credentials and history with this workshop
- Title and description of the workshop (no more than one page)
- What teaching method or methods do you use? Include modality: Experiential? Discussion? Lecture? Meditation? Yoga?
- What will participants gain from attending your workshop? List outcomes. Who is the intended audience?
- What do you need to produce your workshop at CIIS, including special materials and AV equipment?
- If you have any online documentation of previously held workshops in your subject matter, i.e. videos, CDs, or books, please note website.
- Estimated attendance of your event, and methods you have (website, email lists, social media. Etc.) for marketing your work.
- Your current CV or résumé.
If there is interest in your offer, an individual from CIIS Public Programs will contact you for booking the event. This process may take several months, as we are often scheduling events one semester at a time. Please be patient. Someone will contact you if there is interest. Please do not call to check the status of your proposal.
You may email the above information to our Head of Programming, Emlyn Guiney at email@example.com. Attachments must be Word or PDF documents.