How do I apply for financial aid?
Before you apply, find out whether you are eligible for financial aid.
Step 1 – File your FAFSA
- File your FAFSA (Free Application For Federal Student Aid) with the Department of Education.
- You will need CIIS’ school code: 012154. This school code authorizes the Department of Education to send your FAFSA information to CIIS.
Step 2 – Complete your Direct Loan Entrance Counseling online
- After you have filed your FAFSA, you are required to complete your Loan Entrance Counseling online (first-time borrowers only).
- Download Instructions on how to complete your Loan Entrance Counseling.
Step 3 – Complete your Master Promissory Note
- Please complete your Master Promissory Note online.
- Download instructions on how to complete your Master Promissory Note.
Step 4 – Accept/Decline your awards online
- Once the Financial Aid Office receives all of your required documents, they will begin processing your application. You will need to wait to receive an email from the financial aid office detailing how to accept your awards online. Please save our email address, email@example.com, in your email contacts to avoid our messages being sent to your spam folder.
- Download Instructions on how to accept/decline your awards online.
How to accept your awards online
- Go to the Financial Aid Office Online System. Your login is your Student ID (contact Admissions for your ID number). For new students, please click First Time User in order to get your PIN number.
Note: If your Admissions status is Provisional, the Financial Aid Office would not transmit your aid from the Department of Education to CIIS per federal regulations. It is important that you contact the Admissions Office to resolve your Admission status.
Our disbursement dates (when the excess funds go into your account) are listed on the Financial Aid main page under Important Dates and Deadlines.