Paid Time Off Per Year – 6 weeks total (upon hire)
- Vacation: Upon hire, employees receive 2 weeks of vacation. At Year 3, employees receive three weeks of vacation; at year 5, employees receive four weeks of vacation; and at year 7, employees receive five weeks of vacation.
- Sick Leave: Each eligible employee receives 10 days of sick leave per year.
- Holidays: Approximately 20 Holidays (including two weeks at Winter break)
- Floating Holidays: 2 Floating Holidays -- expire June 30th each year if not used
- Birthday Floating Holiday: 1 Birthday Floating Holiday – expires on next birthday if not used
Employer-Provided Insurance (*portion paid by employee)
- Medical: Kaiser HMO or Cigna Roundstone PPO
- Dental: Lincoln
- Vision: Lincoln
- Medical and Dental Expense Reimbursement Plans (MERPs)
- Long-Term Disability
- Basic Group Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Dependent Care
- Optional (employee paid): Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment; Short-Term Disability; AFLAC cancer care, accident indemnity, specified health event; Legal Shield (legal services), ID Shield (identity protection); SFMRA if you waive both Kaiser and Cigna (this means if you decline medical insurance, the city of SF requires CIIS to pay you a certain amount).
- John Hancock 401k: CIIS contributes 2% of employee’s salary into a 401K once employees have been employed 12 months of continuous service. Employees do not have to be enrolled in the 401k plan to receive the employee contribution. Employees can contribute as well.
Cell Phone Contribution
- $20-$40 per month (supervisor approval required).
- Flexible Spending Account: Pretax employee-funded account for health expenses.
- Banking and Finance Discounts: Checking, savings, loans and lines of credit at TechCU.
- Payroll Advance: Up to twice per year, for emergencies.
- Commuter Checks: Pretax commuter passes, Clipper cash, van and carpool, etc.
- Tuition Remission: Tuition discounts up to 100% for CIIS employees and dependents after 12 months of CIIS employment.
- Tuition Exchange: Dependent’s free tuition at select undergraduate universities, www.tuitionexchange.org.
Health and Well-being
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Free mental health, wellness, financial, and legal assistance.
- ACTCM Acupuncture Clinic Discount: At ACTCM Potrero Hill campus.
- FREE Auricular Acupuncture: Tuesdays during school sessions, Mission Street lobby.
Learning, Culture, and Play
- Library Resources: Privileges at CIIS and ACTCM onsite and online libraries.
- Public Programs and Performances: Discounts for events, lectures and classes.
- Working Advantage: Discounts for travel, events, and merchandise.
- AICCU Campus Edge: Discounts on software, hardware, electronics, and classroom tools.