- April 19, 2022
- 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Online with Dr. Cindy Shearer and Julie Bata
As a working artist, are you asking yourself—should I get an MFA? Am I ready now?
How you explore these questions will help you to know if the MFA is right for you—and if you should enroll now.
Please join us on April 19 for a workshop with Dr. Cindy Shearer, Department Chair for Interdisciplinary Arts at CIIS, that will help you assess if the time is right for your MFA. In this session, you’ll reflect on
- Your art practice—and the state of your creative habit and discipline
- Your hopes and goals as artist—and how our MFA could help or guide you to achieve them
- Your commitments as person, family member or caregiver, and in your job or professional life--so you can determine what you have to give in relationship to what you can get through an MFA
- How prepared you are—personally, financially, and professionally—to enroll in the MFA
We believe our MFA will benefit your art and life as artist. In this workshop we will guide you through a process to help you decide if now is the right time for yours.