CIIS is accredited since 1981 by:
Western Association of Schools and Colleges - Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Fax: (510) 748-9797
ACTCM at CIIS is accredited since 1991 by:
The Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MSTCM), the Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM), and the Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM) programs of ACTCM at CIIS are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM), which is the recognized accrediting agency for programs preparing acupuncture and Oriental medicine practitioners.
ACAOM is located at
8941 Aztec Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Fax: (952) 657-7068
DAOM Program: the ACTCM at CIIS Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) program was granted continuing accreditation by ACAOM in March 2018, effective through February 2025. Accreditation status and notes may be viewed here.
DACM Program: the ACTCM at CIIS Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM) program was granted initial accreditation by ACAOM in November 2018, effective through February 2025. Accreditation status and notes may be viewed here.
- November 2014 - WASC to CIIS: Approval of ACTCM Merger (PDF)
- July 2015 - CAB to CIIS: Approval by California Acupuncture Board for MSTCM graduates to sit for the California Acupuncture licensing exam (PDF)
- December 2017 - CIIS to WSCUC: Special Report (PDF; Note: links in this document are not live; email Chip Goldstein, Associate Provost, for more information)
- March 2018 - WSCUC to CIIS: Special Visit Final Report (PDF)
- July 2018 - WSCUC to CIIS: Commission Action Letter (PDF)