- August 6, 2014
- Rivendell Retreat Centre, Bowen Island, British Columbia
*No previous experience with writing is necessary*
THIS MOMENT, THIS PERSON, THIS MEETING, THIS POEM
At the Bend in the River is a place of gathering and ﬂow, community and creativity, a fresh shift in perception and a turning place: a surprise felt in the current. We approach all of these through the process of poem-making.
Over the course of this retreat we will:
- slow down, even allow for stillness, listen to our own ﬂow
- place value on silence, in silence, hold silence as much as possible
- open to and connect with the poem and the person making the poem
- write as much as possible, without rush, feeling the river bend
LISTENING AND THE CURRENT OF CREATIVITY
John's writing workshop will explore listening and the act of poem-making as ways to help us "think like a river" so that a legacy of beauty and life can be made real to ourselves and others. In this workshop we will gather to slow down "at the bend in the river." This gathering place, when given to listening and creating, is refreshing to our hearts and our minds. Refreshment is the taste of our thirst for meaning. When poetry and poem-making are part of this life-giving process, they make experience more vivid and help us be more aware of what we hear at the river's bend: the space, the learning & creative process, the heart connection.
For information: Call Ray McGinnis at (604) 408-4457 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org