- December 7, 2019
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
InterContinental San Francisco
888 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
This workshop is now sold out.
Join the waitlist by clicking the JOIN THE WAITLIST Button Above.
Psychotherapist and bestselling author Esther Perel is one of today’s most revered voices on modern relationships and sexuality. She has devoted her entire professional life to helping couples find a sense of aliveness and vitality in their connections—bolstering both the quality of their lives and their relationships.
Building on more than 35 years of experience as an individual and couples therapist, Esther brings new perspective to the state of modern love, communication and connection, sharing lessons that apply broadly to relationships in the world at large.
In this workshop, Esther shares insights into emotional and erotic intelligence, setting boundaries, managing conflict and the ever-changing identity of modern marriage and family. Explore the tensions, obstacles, and anxieties that arise when our quest for love and security conflicts with our pursuit of adventure and freedom.
Join Esther for a closer look at relationships and intimacy. This workshop is open to the general public in addition to offering continuing education credits for some licensed professionals.
Esther Perel is a New York Times bestselling author and psychotherapist who is recognized as one of today’s most insightful and original voices on modern relationships. Fluent in nine languages, she helms a therapy practice in New York City and serves as an organizational consultant for Fortune 500 companies around the world. Her celebrated TED talks have garnered more than 25 million views and her international bestseller Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence became a global phenomenon translated into 25 languages. Her newest book is the New York Times bestseller The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity. She is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, an AASECT certified sex therapist, a member of the American Family Therapy Academy and of the Society for Sex Therapy and Research. Esther is also an executive producer and host of the popular podcast Where Should We Begin? Learn more at EstherPerel.com or by following @estherperelofficial on Instagram.
CIIS students, staff, and faculty receive discounts on all events. CIIS Public Programs Members receive a 20% discount on all events. Contact us for more information at email@example.com. Please note that we will check your ID for proof of eligibility on arrival at event.
Continuing Education Credits: 6 CEs Available
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact CIIS Public Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about CE, visitwww.spiritualcompetency.comor contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.
- LCSWs and MFTs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.