Women's Spirituality Program
School of Consciousness and Transformation
PhD, California Institute of Integral Studies
Tricia Grame, PhD, creates two- and three-dimensional art that is inspired by prehistoric female symbols. Her research combines archaeology, religion, history, social issues, and contemporary art.
As an educator and artist, Tricia explores from a historical and personal perspective how the language of the symbol is revealed and released through the creative process -- becoming tangible in the work of art. These symbols reappear in art, have an enduring psychological effect, and hold significance from the earliest aesthetic expression by humans to the present day. The discovery expression and evolution of female iconography in her creative work consists of four different series: "Beyond the Symbol," "The Vessel," "Ballare," and "Woman In Stone."
Tricia has taught and curated for the CIIS Women's Spirituality program and MFA program. She also teaches and contributes to art education for the San Ramon school district. She has organized over 40 exhibitions and lectures nationally and internationally. She is an art commissioner for Danville, CA, on the board of the International Caucus for Women, and has curated for the Women's Studies program at Stanford University.
- Once & Future Goddess Exhibition, 25th Anniversary Conference (2018), Women's Spirituality Program, CIIS.
- Temples-Malta, Images & Inspirations, Women's Spirituality, CIIS, S.F., Scottish Rite Temple, Oakland, The Bade Museum, Berkeley, CA.
- Source of Empowerment: Women As Symbol, co-curator, Dr. Mara Keller, Women's Spirituality, Philosophy & Religion Program, CIIS, CA.
- Ineffable Woman, co-curator, Dr. Mara Keller, A Bi-Coastal Exhibition,
Spirit In The Arts at CIIS, Minna Gallery, S.F., Ceres Gallery N.Y.C.
- The Vessel Series - Woman & Symbol, Sponsored by Women's Spirituality and The School of Consciousness & Transformation, CIIS, CA
- Dark Mother: African Origins and Godmothers, in honor of Black History Month and the publication of Dr. Lucia Chiavola Birnbaum's book, Women's Spirituality, CIIS, S.F., & Chi Galley, Oakland.