Mara Lynn Keller, PhD (Philosophy, Yale University), is a Professor of Philosophy, Religion, and Women's Spirituality. As Program Director of Women's Spirituality at CIIS from 1998-2008, she produced dozens of special events on women's sacred arts and scholarship, most recently, a joint art exhibition with CERES Gallery in New York on Ineffable/Woman. She is a philosopher, theologian, and specialist on the Eleusinian Mysteries of Demeter and Persephone. Her articles include "The Ritual Path of Initiation into the Eleusinian Mysteries," "Ancient Crete of the Earth Mother Goddess: Sacred Arts and Communal Ritual;" "Goddesses around the World," "Violence against Women and Children in Religious Scriptures and in the Home," and "Women's Spirituality and Higher Education." She believes that "Freedom of Religion to worship Goddess is a social justice issue," a message she delivered to the Parliament of the World's Religions at the Women's Plenary in 2015.
- Goddesses Around the World
- The Eleusinian Mysteries of Demeter and Persephone Part 1
- The Eleusinian Mysteries of Demeter and Persephone Part 2
- Goddess Spirituality
- Implications of Sacred Pleasure for Philosophy
- Demeter and Persephone
- The Myriad Faces, Marvelous Powers, and Thealogy of Greek Goddesses
- Partnership-in-motion: Rosen Method Movement
- Women's Spirituality and Higher Education
- Rosen Method Bodywork - Spiritual Dimensions
- Divine Mistresses of Nature, Plants, and Animals in Ancient Greece: A Spiritual Ecofeminist Perspective
- Violence Against Women and Children in Religious Scriptures and in the Home
- The Ritual Path of Initiation Into the Eleusian Mysteries
- Crete of the Mother Goddess: Communal Rituals and Sacred Art
- The Interface of Archaelogy and Mythology: A Philosophical Evaluation of the Gimbutas Paradigm Part 1
- The Interface of Archaelogy and Mythology: A Philosophical Evaluation of the Gimbutas Paradigm Part 2
- "Front Porch": Mara Keller and Carol Christ in Conversation
- "Marion Rosen at 97" -- an interview by Mara Keller and Sara Webb
- Archaeomythology as Academic Field and Methodology: Bridging Science and Religion, Empiricism and Spirituality
- Bringing Goddess Worshipping Cultures of Prehistoric Europe Alive - A Conversation with Mary Mackey
Listen as Janie Rezner interviews Dr. Mara Lynn Keller on KZYX radio, Women's Voices.
Professor Mara Keller delivers Parliament Keynote Address: Freedom of Religion to Worship Goddess is a Social Justice Issue!
“An Emerging Paradigm” with Charlene Spretnak and Susan Moulton. Language of the Goddess: From the Realm of the Ancestors. Women’s Spirituality, CIIS, conference.
Mara Keller and Donna Reed speak about the film "Signs Out of Time: The Story of Archaeologist Marija Gimbutas" with Sandy Miranda on her KPFA show, "Women, Spirit, and Peace" (December 29, 2003).
Signs Out of Time Documentary
A documentary on archeologist Marija Gimbutas, who found that Europe's origins lay in a cooperative, peaceful, neolitihic Goddess culture. Her theories challenge conventional archaeology, spirituality, theology, and religious studies, while inspiring artists, feminists, environmentalists and activists.
This documentary features interviews with Women's Spirituality Program community: