Associated Distinguished Professor
Integral and Transpersonal Psychology
School of Consciousness and Transformation
Ph.D. & M.A. & B.A.
University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario
Douglas A. MacDonald is an Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Detroit Mercy and Adjunct Faculty at Saybrook University. He has been actively involved in scientifically-informed transpersonal psychological scholarship throughout his career with primary emphasis given to quantitative empirical research related to the measurement of spirituality and related constructs and to exploring the associations of such constructs to physical, psychological, and social functioning. He is an Associate Editor for the Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, Research Editor for the Journal of Humanistic Psychology, Editor Emeritus for the International Journal of Transpersonal Studies, and Consulting Editor for Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, the Journal of Management, Spirituality, and Religion, and Psychological Reports. He also serves as an ad hoc reviewer for an additional 30 peer reviewed journals in the areas of psychology (clinical, health, personality, social), neuroscience, consciousness studies, and education.
Main areas of expertise:
- Quantitative methods (Survey research, correlational and experimental designs)
- Psychometrics and Measurement (test development and validation)
- Multivariate Statistical Modelling
- Spirituality and Associated Concepts (e.g., self-transcendence)
- Health and Well-Being
- Social Desirability and Sources of Response Bias on Standardized Psychological Tests