Students Facing Financial Hardship Due to COVID-19
CIIS recognizes COVID-19 impact on our students and is committed to supporting our students as much as possible during this unprecedented time. Find more information about the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) regarding the awarding of emergency funds to students.
At CIIS, we believe in the importance of creating a safe and healthy environment for all of our community members. To that end, we have partnered with EVERFI to offer trainings that will help us all be informed on topics vital to achieving our goal. These trainings, in addition to being highly interactive and engaging, are based in research around the best practices for healthy communities. As you complete your optional training, we invite you to reach out to the referenced resources in order to join the larger discussion of these topics on our campus.
We are aware that, for many faculty and students, CIIS is more than a place to come for classes. We are drawn to the sense of community and belonging. We are in the middle of an unprecedented challenge, and we are all, individually and together, striving for balance. We thank you for your patience and flexibility, and are here to support you in the ways you need.
All students in virtual access / webinar classes will have access to the technology. Access is from a stationary computer that allows participants to listen, view, and participate in the learning environment. (Note: virtual access / webinar classes will only be used for synchronous access and will not be recorded.)
Classes will be held at regularly scheduled times on Zoom or Big Blue Button. Links to virtual classes will be sent ten minutes before class begins. Students are expected to attend and to be attentive.
For technical questions about virtual access / webinar technology, contact Online Learning email@example.com or the Online Learning Chat.
For information on the Library and resources.
What to do if you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed
- Degree-seeking students should reach out to the Wellness Center – Counseling Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Degree-seeking students can also utilize Wellness Center services such as Wellness Coaching, Yoga@CIIS, QiGong, and more. Information and schedules can be found on the MyCiis Wellness Services page.
- Neolth is a personalized digital health stress management platform founded by CIIS Somatics faculty Katherine Grill. All registered CIIS students will have access to the Neolth platform through the Wellness Center. Find more information about Neolth, including registration details.
- Make an appointment at one of our six low-cost counseling clinics.
- Contact SAMHSA’s Distress Helpline (related to any natural or human-caused disaster) is accessible 24/7 at 1-800-985-5990 or via text (send TALKWITHUS to 66746; Press 2 for Spanish).
What to do if you tested positive for Covid-19 and need to go to campus