- June 28, 2016
- 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
California Institute of Integral Studies
CIIS Main Building
1453 Mission Street,
San Francisco, CA 94103
This event is sold out. Please call 415-575-6175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Your skill and effectiveness as a leader can be made or broken through the quality of your conversations. This workshop provides an overview of the mindset and skills that inspire and catalyze successful, essential conversations. It includes a framework for utilizing discoveries from evolution, positive psychology, and the social brain.
Become more adept in navigating conversations by gaining a deeper understanding of the challenges people (including you) face in having essential conversations. This framework is applicable to personal relationships as well.
Some of the skills and tools that you will learn:
- An approach for understanding the common opportunities and impediments to meaningful leadership conversations.
- Recognizing and addressing the hidden questions people have behind their upsets.
- Why clarifying intention and staying on purpose is so critical to successful conversational outcomes.
- The factors that increase the probability of having the other person receive your message positively.
- Ways to recognize and identify emotional reactivity (defensiveness) as the core obstacle to successful conversations.
- Awareness of the hidden assumptions that could derail an essential conversation.
- Practices to diminish reactivity and inspire positive participation.
Daniel Ellenberg, PhD, MFT, is an organizational trainer and consultant, leadership coach, licensed therapist, and group facilitator. He a principle in the Rewire Leadership, co-founder of Relationships That Work, leads Strength with Heart men's groups and seminars and is a board member of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom. He co-created and delivered a resilience training program for NASA and is the co-author of Lovers for Life: Creating Lasting Passion, Trust, and True Partnership.
He has helped CEOs, VPs, managers, engineers, scientists, artists and more realize that their greatest assets lay in their own curiosity, authenticity, and willingness to embrace change. He specializes in helping leaders craft and deliver their messages to individuals, teams, and organizations.
His background in psychology, contemplative practices, neuroscience, and philosophy makes him uniquely qualified to help people gain a deeper, more effective understanding both of themselves and those they serve.