- March 6, 2020
- 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS)
1453 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Please RSVP and choose your lunch option
The legacy of one black/brown Universal Mother was first witnessed by me some 40 years ago following a tremendous rainstorm. The understanding was, “We all came from the same mother and she was black.” - Eahr Joan
This evening’s lecture includes extensive field-work images relative to a four-decade-long discovery process launched because of a rainstorm in 1980. In addition to a rare Ancient Black Goddesses Collection, other world-wide dark mother narratives include: 11th – 18th century Medieval Madonnas, black Aphrodite, Mecca’s Ka’ab, Irelands Sheela-Na-Gigs, black Madonnas who were later Marinized, contemporary black American women, Native American Indians including First Nation Tribes; and Slaves to Suffrage & Beyond. The overview of this evening’s narrative is to Re-Member the universal origin of one Dark-Mother who embodies healing modalities, including current racial and gender divisions.
|Eahr Joan is author and archivist of Re-Genesis Encyclopedia,* prior-adjunct faculty at California Institute of Integral Studies, Women’s Spirituality Graduate, and 1994-2018 Reference Librarian at Laurance S. Rockefeller Library. Credentials include MA in Philosophy and Religion (WSE '00), 12 years of supervised research at London's British Museum Library, and 40 plus photographic fieldwork trips throughout North Africa, Europe, and East Asia. Curator and director of the 8000 GSA slide collection: Goddess, Sites and Artifacts (1980-2000.)|
* ReGenesis Encyclopedia: Synthesis of the Spiritual Dark-Motherline, Integral Research, Labyrinth Learning, and Eco-thea-logy.
As her legacy to CIIS, we proudly present:
Eahr Joan’s Ten CIIS Legacy Projects - 2016 to 2021
- 28 CIIS “ArchaeoMythology Subject Guides and Introduction”
- 84 CIIS “ArchaeoMythology Bibliographies”
- 2017 CIIS Photographic Legacy of 8,000 Goddess, Sites, and Artifacts. Currently under construction.
- 2018 CIIS Joan, Eahr. “Re-Genesis Encyclopedia: Synthesis of the Spiritual Dark-Motherline, Integral Research, Labyrinth Learning, and Eco–Thealogy.” Part I. Revised Edition II.
- 2018 CIIS ODI Lecture, “Co-Evolution of ReGenesis”
- 2018 WSE Plenary Lecture, “Three Million Years of Sacred Iconography”
- 2018 WSE Life-Time Achievement Award
- 2020 CIIS International Woman’s Day Lecture, “Healing Modalities: Re-Claiming Our Black/Brown HerStories from 3,000,000 BCE to the Present.” (Link Pending)
- 2020 CIIS “Bibliography of Black-Dark HerStory Including Goddesses, Madonnas, and Slaves to Suffrage and Beyond”
- 2021 CIIS Publication of “ReGenesis Encyclopedia Including GSA Images.” Revised Edition IV, TBA
Co-presented by: CIIS Women's Spirituality Program and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion