- July 12, 2014
- Tuscany, Italy
DREAMING IN TUSCANY
Dreams are messages that hold the knowledge of one's inner world, desires, and visions for the future. By paying attention to their encoded images we may gain access into a realm of creativity and imagination that profoundly nurtures our being. Join us for a voyage into the heart of Tuscany where you can explore your dreams through art, theatre, movement, and play.
Conducted by internationally acclaimed Drama and Creative Arts Therapy facilitators, you will be guided on a journey of discovery that explores the fascinating wisdom of our dreams through creative means. This week-long workshop also includes outings, wine tasting, and language & culinary classes that will inspire the dream work process.
- 7 nights stay in a beautiful Tuscan Villa located on 7 acres of breath-taking vistas
- Dream exploration sessions conducted by Armand and Susana each day
- Morning art/dance/movement classes lead by Malena and Juztino
- Piazza d'Italia Italian culinary & language lessons
- All meals prepared at the villa by our chef "provetto"
- Sea-water swimming pool, jaccuzi, & delights from organic gardens at the villa
- Excursions to neighboring castle cities of Siena and Florence
A DAY ON RETREAT
- 7:30 - 8:30 Creative arts process (dance, movement, meditation, yoga, art)
- 8:30 - 9:30 Breakfast in the garden
- 9:30 - 12:30 Dream-work sessions
- 12:30 - 2:30 Traditional Tuscan buffet at the villa
- 2:30 - 4:00 Excursion, free time, or siesta
- 4:00- 7:00 Excursion or dream workshop
- 7:00 + Dinner and free time or dream workshop
- Early-bird registration is $2,150 before December 25th. (Airfare purchased separately).
- Full fee is $2350 + airfare purchased separately.
- A non-refundable deposit of $650 is due at the time of registration.
- Deposits can me made with credit card or check payable to Piazza d'Italia 332 Fair Oaks St. #5, San Francisco, CA 94110.
- A check for the balance will be due by April 1st.
- All rooms are double occupancy. If you require a single room, please contact us and we can discuss this possibility and the additional cost.
- Space is limited to 16 participants.
DREAM WORKSHOP FACILITATORS
Armand Volkas MFA, MA, MFT, RDT/BCT is a psychotherapist, drama therapist and theatre director. He is Clinical Director of the Living Arts Counseling Center and Associate Professor in Counseling Psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies (San Francisco). In addition, Armand is Artistic Director of The Living Arts Playback Theatre Ensemble and was co-facilitator of the Antioch University Hawaiian Dream Seminars on the island of Kauai for 10 years. Armand has received international acclaim for arts-based programs focused on groups that share difficult histories. He has facilitated his Healing the Wounds of History approach in countries including France, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, China, Israel, Singapore and Lebanon. This summer he will help participants plumb the depths of their dreams for insight and meaning through movement, ritual, music, and improvisation in the context of the historically rich landscapes, architecture, art, and food of Italy.
Susana Pendzik PhD, RDT is a master drama therapist and supervisor, honorary member of the Swiss Dramatherapy Association and lecturer at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, the Drama Therapy Program at Tel-Hai Academic College (Israel), and at the Dramatherapy Institute of Switzerland. Born in Argentina, Susana has lived in Mexico, and the U.S, and conducts workshops worldwide. She is a poet, a theatre director, and a dedicated researcher of creative ritual, cultural identity, and shamanism for over 25 years. She is the author of many articles on drama therapy, a book for using action techniques with abused women, and co-editor of the recently published volume: Assessment in Drama Therapy (2012)
ARTS, MUSIC, LANGUAGE & COOKING FACILITATORS
Malena Mayorga EdM is an artist, educator, and community organizer. She holds a Masters in Education from Harvard University and is a graduate of the Tamalpa Institute for movement based expressive arts healing and education. Originally from El Salvador, she has lived and worked throughout the US and Latin America, drawing inspiration from a diversity of cultures and popular movements. Malena uses improvisational dance, theatre, painting, and video/photography in projects to promote community building and social justice.
Juztino Panella MA, MFTi is the director and founder of Piazza d'Italia where he teaches Italian language, music, and cooking classes. He graduated with a Masters in Expressive Arts Therapy, has facilitated movement based workshops and Yoga classes in the San Francisco jails, and is currently a Psychotherapist at Chabot Community College in Hayward, California. Juztino works internationally bringing groups on unique journeys through Italy as well as facilitating meditation, Yoga, and creative arts workshops.