- October 12, 2013
- 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
- California Institute of Integral Studies, 1453 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Have you noticed that no matter how many times we chant Om, or how often we return to the breath, relationship difficulties, anxiety, depression, and self-esteem issues persist? By learning to use our yoga practice to work with psychological issues and trauma stored in the body, not only can we optimize our practice, but also open to the deepest spiritual insights and mysticism of yoga. Furthermore, therapists and other healing professionals learn to use the insights of yoga as well as practices, to deepen their work with clients. During this workshop, new and experienced yoga students, teachers, and therapists:
• Experience the deep mystical insights of yoga and psychology in their own bodies
• Discover why psychological work is relevant to yoga practice
• Explore self love and greater kindness towards themselves
• Learn how to effectively and lovingly process their own and clients' trauma
• Discover how to use their yoga practice to resolve deep psychological challenges
• Learn how to do "psychological adjustments" in yoga practice
Therapists and psychologists who are not familiar with yoga practice, philosophy, and insights will come out of the workshop able to use the great teachings and practices of yoga, as well as those of somatic psychology, to deepen work with clients and their own embodied experience.
Mariana Caplan, PhD, MFT, is a licensed psychotherapist, lifelong yogi and teacher, and the author of seven books in the fields of psychology and spirituality, including the award-winning Eyes Wide Open: Cultivating Discernment on the Spiritual Path, and the seminal Halfway Up the Mountain: the Error of Premature Claims to Enlightenment. She is a licensed psychotherapist, specializing in using somatic approaches to psychotherapy to support spiritual practitioners and teachers with the process of healing trauma and moving towards psycho-spiritual integration, and a consultant to spiritual communities working with complex spiritual traumas.
Featured Photo: RelaxingMusic via Compfight cc
Saturday and Sunday
October 12-13, 2013
CIIS Main Building
$240/$260/$280 (when one price tier sells out, that tier is closed)
Become a Member today and Save up to 20%!
CEs (MFA, LCSW, RN)
This workshop is also available for one unit of academic credit to CIIS students.