January 4, 2018 - January 19, 2018
Join CIIS for an integral voyage! Experience ancient Hindu temples, celebrate the harvest festival, explore wildlife preserves, discover palaces and relax in a tropical paradise.
- Mahabalipuram: Shore Temple and sublime rock-cut art since the 8th century.
- Pondicherry: French quarter, home of Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
- Auroville: An experiment in human unity and sustainable resources, CIIS' sister city.
- Tiruvannamalai: Shiva Temple and Sri Ramana Ashram
- Nagarhole National Park: Tiger and elephant country safari.
- Mysore: Palaces, gardens and old world charm, Pongal (harvest) festival. Visits to the Srirangapatnam Island & Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary.
- Somnathpur: home to the famous Keseva Temple
- A picturesque train ride through the scenic Blue Mountain on UNESCO listed World Heritage railway
- Kochi: capital of Kerala and one of India's largest ports. Aromatic spice markets and home to Ayurvedic healing traditions
$4,430 based on double room occupancy
$1,750 Single Supplement
Tour Price Includes:
- Accommodations in 4-5 star hotels
- All breakfasts, two lunches and four dinners
- All entrance fees
- All land, railway and boat transportation costs
- Airport arrival and departure transfers (arrival on January 4 - departure on January 19)
Tour Price Does Not Include:
- Tour price does not include cost of visa (required) and international airfare
The trip is led by CIIS Dean of Alumni and Travel Richard Buggs, frequent traveler to India. Richard's caring sensitivity, attention to detail, and passion for India have made his previous 8 trips an unforgettable experience. He will host an orientation meeting in early October where you'll have the opportunity to meet other members of the travel group and learn more about the destinations.