The Women's Spirituality Program recognizes that many qualified prospective students who might wish to earn a graduate degree cannot uproot from their homes and jobs to move to San Francisco. To support people in that situation, we offer our Distance Learning option. Students can live outside the Bay Area and still complete the MA in Women, Gender, Spirituality, and Social Justice or PhD in Women's Spirituality by taking a combination of online and face-to-face courses.
Students opting for Semi-Distance Learning must complete a minimum of 19 units face-to-face and a maximum of 17 units online to complete their degree.
It is possible for students taking this option to complete their degree in 2-3 academic years by combining the following:
- Completing 3-unit intensives every fall and spring semester
- Attending additional weekend courses
- Developing and taking Independent Studies courses
- Participating in CIIS Public Programs workshops eligible for academic credit
- Diversity Statement
- MA in Women, Gender, Spirituality, and Social Justice
- MA Curricular Overview
- PhD in Philosophy and Religion with a concentration in Women's Spirituality
- PhD Curricular Overview
- Semi-Distance Learning Option in Women's Spirituality
- News and Blogs
- Alumni Careers
- Frequently Asked Questions