Founder and Executive Director of SHARANYA
Chandra Alexandre, Phd
The Women's Spirituality Program, MA Alum
Chandra Alexandre is Founder & Executive Director of SHARANYA, a devi mandir (goddess temple) located in San Francisco that serves as a sanctuary for spiritual community worldwide. SHARANYA promotes healing, truth, and transformation through integration of embodied worship, devotion, and engaged spirituality.
Chandra's work as Rashani (priestess in the Sha'can tradition, a Western Shakta Tantra) is toward a vision of a harmonious global community where our inherent divinity is welcomed, balanced, sustained, witnessed, and celebrated. Chandra conducts monthly public worship celebrations for the Divine Mother, leads annual pilgrimages to India, runs Daughters of Kali (a year-and-a-day training program focused on Shakta Tantra and goddess mysteries), guides Kali Vidya, an online mystery school, teaches initiates within community, and maintains a spiritual guidance practice.
In addition to her work at SHARANYA, Chandra is adjunct research faculty at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology and is VP of Development at the Bay Area Council where she focuses on fund development for the organization's policy initiatives, research and key programs.
- "Exploring a Cross- Cultural Women's Spirituality: Inspirations from India" in She is Everywhere Vol. 2, view the PDF.
- "Priestess of Kali" in Stepping Into Ourselves: An Anthology of Writings on Priestesses, view PDF.
- "Matrikas Invocation" in Talking to Goddess: Powerful Voices from Many Traditions, view PDF.
- "A Walk on the Wild Side: Introduction to the Goddess Honoring Tradition Where the Witch and the Tantrick Meet" view the PDF or read online.
- "Tantric Motivations for Countering Climate Change" view the PDF or read online.
- "What is Tantra" view the PDF or read online.