- April 21, 2013
- 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- California Institute of Integral Studies, 1453 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
About the Workshop
Trees in the wind, leaves blowing, what is the sound of the movement...
Zuleikha, known for her deeply enlivening movement classes with music, poetry, and movement, returns to CIIS for a special course in Body Listening for Heart and Soul. Body Listening movement practice invites the participant to enter the stream of simple free movement unfolding. Body Listening for Heart and Soul creates room for spacious awareness, allowing for mind relaxation, energy rejuvenation, and deep re-centering.
What is Body Listening?
Think of Body Listening as a verb, not a noun.
- A creative movement practice for individuals and groups that allows
- exploration through locomotion and inspiration
- Strengthens core wellness through subtle, connected, spontaneous movements
- Evocative, simple, and regenerative
How do you do it?
- Beginning with lying on the floor, listening to the feelings of the body while moving
- Allowing body patterns to unwind with simple movements
- Moving in an effortless way that can evolve without thought
- Sitting, standing, rolling, reaching
Who can do this?
- Those who are well and those who are healing
- Those who have minimal or full range of movement
- Those who dance and those who always wanted to be able to move freely
Body Listening invites all levels of movement, beginning through advanced. No experience is necessary. All are welcome.
"Let the beauty we love be what we do, There are a hundred ways to kneel and kiss the ground."