Integrative Health Studies Program
With the acknowledged crisis in health care, the use of preventive strategies in health promotion has emerged as a priority for true reform. Please visit our Blog to read about these issues.
Responding to this urgent need to create professionals who can navigate the transition to a meaningful focus on wellness and function in new roles, the Integrative Health Studies (IHL) program:
- Offers a deep level of understanding of how the field of integrative health operates and the challenges it faces.
- Prepares graduates to be wellness coaches and enter the expanding field of integrative health.
- Provides culturally sensitive education and training in wellness program design and implementation.
- Offers integral education that blends scientific rigor with holistic self-care and mind/body/spirit wholeness.
- Addresses ways to blend complementary/alternative modalities with modern medicine within integrative health settings.
- Creates real-world internships with hospitals, clinics, corporations and the public sector, and interaction with faculty members who are integrative health clinicians, researchers, and administrators.