Currently accepting applications for the both the Spring 2016 and Fall 2017 Semesters. Apply today!
Step 1: Online Application
Begin by submitting your online application. A link to the online application can be found by below. Please note that there is a $65, non-refundable application fee.
Step 2: Official Transcripts
Applicants must submit official transcripts from all accredited academic institutions attended. Transcripts must arrive in their official, sealed envelopes. Transcripts can be mailed to 1453 Mission Street. San Francisco, CA 94806.
To be eligible for admissions, applicants must have completed a minimum of 60 transferable semester units. Of those 60 transferable semester units, applicants must have completed the minimum general education requirements below. General education requirements are designed to give you a broad background in various disciplines. Learn more about what constitutes transferable units.
General Educations Requirements:The completion of the following fields is not a prerequisite to enter the program, but rather an assessment of general education requirements necessary for graduation. We encourage you to meet as many of these requirements before entering the program, however if you are lacking units in one of these subjects, you'll be able to take them as elective courses while enrolled in the program at CIIS.
- 3 units of college level math
- 3 units of experiential art
- 6 units of natural sciences
- 6 units of expository writing
- 6 units of humanities
- 9 units of social sciences
- 3 units of oral communications
If you are uncertain about your eligiblity, you can email your unofficial transcripts to Veronica Palafox (email@example.com) undergraduate admissions counselor to conduct an unofficial transcript evaluation.
Step 3: Admissions Essay
Submit your admissions essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the essay parameters below.
Submit a five to seven page, typed, double-spaced essay that incorporates discussion of the following:
- Experiences that shaped your desire to return to college now
- Experiences that have prepared you to work well in a cohort learning environment
- Your goals and expectations for yourself in the program
- Why you have chosen CIIS and, specifically, the Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion program to complete your degree
- Why you have chosen Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies at CIIS
Step 4: Two Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation should come from people who can speak directly to your ability to successfully undertake the program you wish to pursue (e.g. academic advisors, professors, professional supervisors, etc.) Recommenders should use standard business format and include full contact information-name, email, phone number, and mailing address. Letters can be submitted by email to email@example.com as a PDF or Word file attachment.
Additional Application Requirements for the Minor in Critical Psychology
The following lower-division prerequisites are necessary before declaring a minor in Critical Psychology (which is available with a fall semester start date only):
- General or Introductory Psychology (3-units)
- Second Psychology Course (3-units)
- Third Psychology Course or Sociology Course or Anthropology Course (3-units)
One Page Addedum: Please read the Introduction to Critical Psychology chapter to inform you addedum. Applicants for the Critical Psychology Minor must submit a one page (typed, double-spaced) addedum answering the question below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What is your understanding of critical psychology and why are you interested in studying this minor?
Pre- Admissions Interview
Once the office of admissions receives a complete application, successful candidates will go onto faculty review (you will receive an email when this happens). At that point, the department will contact you for an interview if they find you a viable candidate. Please allow 2-3 weeks time for faculty to contact you to schedule an interview.
Admission Counselor: Veronica Palafox
If you have any additional questions about admissions, please contact our admissions counselor: