ConverZations That Matter hosted by Belvie Rooks
Healing the Wounds of Intergenerational Trauma
This series features ground-breaking dialogues with leading scholars, psychotherapists and shamanic practitioners dealing with the residual effects of historical trauma on Native and African American communities and other under-served communities. The series will explore current clinical findings and scientific research and raise questions such as:
- What is intergenerational trauma?
- How does it manifest in particular groups?
- How do historic systems of oppression impact modern health?
- Is trans-generational trauma one of the causative factors in the alteration of gene expression?
- What are some of the healing modalities and practices from indigenous and Western traditions?
Generous support for this series is provided by Kaiser Permanente
Jan 17 - Compassion in Action: A Buddhist-Muslim dialogue, with Roshi Joan Halifax and Daisy Khan