Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for a workshop or lecture?
Click on the registration link at the right-top of any event page and you will be taken to a secure registration site.
By Phone: (415) 575-6175 from 10:00am to 4:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Be sure to register early-many of our workshops sell out. Once you have registered, we will email you confirmation materials. If you have not received a confirmation prior to the first class meeting, please call our office to confirm your enrollment. If space allows, registrations will be accepted at the door. CIIS reserves the right to cancel programs or change program locations, schedules, fees, or instructors, if necessary.
How do I cancel if I've already paid for a workshop or lecture?
Call us at 415.575.6175 to withdraw from a workshop:
- If you cancel 30 days or more before a program, your fee will be refunded, minus a $25 processing fee, or you may apply the amount paid to other programs with no penalty.
- If you cancel fewer than 30 days before a program, you will not receive a refund, but you will receive a credit voucher, minus a $25 processing fee. The voucher may be applied to another program(s) within one (1) year of the date of issue.
- If you cancel fewer than 7 days before the program, you will not receive a refund, but you will receive a credit voucher, minus a $25 processing fee and a $25 late-penalty fee. The voucher may be applied to another program(s) within one (1) year of the date of issue.
- If you cancel once the program begins, there is no refund or credit voucher.
- Tickets for individual lectures, lecture series, and performances are nonrefundable.
Can I get CEs or CEUs for any of these events?
Many courses meet the qualifications for continuing education credit for MFTs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS provider #PCE 652), and for registered nurses (BRN provider #02523). You are responsible for ascertaining whether your state board, if other than California, accepts these CEUs. In addition, CIIS is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CIIS maintains responsibility for all CE-approved programs and their contents. See individual course descriptions for qualifying workshops and CE/CEU hours. CE/CEU-eligible participants must attend the entire course to receive CE/CEUs. No partial credit will be granted. Licensed professionals must identify their clinical status by supplying the Institute with their license number. Certificates will be distributed at the end of each workshop.
For CEs add a $15 administrative fee per course to total fees.
Where are most of the Public Programs held?
Usually our lectures and workshops are held at the CIIS Main Building, but occasionally we will hold a large event offsite at a local church, hotel, or theater. Check the individual event page on our website to determine where it is being held.
CIIS Main Building: 1453 Mission St., San Francisco CA 94103
How do I get to CIIS?
Unless otherwise indicated, all programs are accessible by BART (Civic Center station), and MUNI #14, 47, 49, F, J, K, L, M, N, T.
MAPS & DIRECTIONS
Is there parking at CIIS?
There is on-street metered parking around the school. This parking is free after 6:00pm every evening. There are also pay-lots in the area. Two are located across from each other on 8th St. at Market, 3 blocks from the school.
For more information on parking options, please read the CIIS Parking Guide.
What kind of accessibility does CIIS offer?
The CIIS Main Building is wheelchair accessible, and we make every effort to work with offsite venues that offer complete accessibility. For accessibility information pertaining to individuals with disabilities, and policies on nondiscrimination, please call: 415.575.6175
How do I submit a proposal to teach in Public Programs & Performances?
Read the instructions HERE>>
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
Join our community and share your thoughts or comments with us at: www.facebook.com/ciispublicprograms