Jan Edl Stein, MFT is an eco-psychotherapist in private practice in San Francisco And Marin County and also the director of Holos Institute. Jan leads workshops and retreats that interweave meditation, active imagining, shamanic journeying and earth based contemplations. She has taught/presented at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, Sonoma State University, Grof Transpersonal Training Program, The Bioneers Conference, Association of Transpersonal Psychology Conference, Esalen Institute, IONs and numerous private venues. For over 26 years she has maintained has a private practice which includes consultation, individual and couples psychotherapy
Eco-therapy in Practice
This weekend workshop surveys practical and psychological considerations of nature based processes in either group or individual situations. The presentation offers deep experience as well as didactic discourse with discussion and real life clinical examples. It will specifically examine the translation of eco-based practices in ways that directly address the needs of an individual and collective psyche. The intersection of inner and outer landscapes and psyche's language of imagery and metaphor that can so powerfully be mirrored with nature based guidance is the central focus.
• A nature based context for assessing and addressing specific psychological issues.
• Working with a map of psyche described by natural cycles
• Integrating indoor nature-based contemplative practices into a psychotherapeutic context.
• Methods of inviting the soul to be present in nature
• Intention, task and council in constellating a meaningful experience in nature
• Facilitating experience into resilience and eco-activism
This workshop is available for 10CEs (MFT, LCSW, RN)