The Registrar’s Office is responsible for maintaining the integrity and privacy of our students’ education records.
Download forms related to registration and grading >>
Topics covered in this section:
It's vital for CIIS to have your correct contact information, especially your email address. To update your information:
- Login to MyCIIS
- Click the "Account Information" link located at the top of the screen, directly underneath the CIIS logo.
- Click the "My Contact Info" tab.
- See what information is on record for you. If it needs changing, click the pencil icon, type in the new information and click "Submit." Your information will be updated in our system within two business days.
You can also submit an address change in person to the Registrar’s Office. You must show either your CIIS student ID card or a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
Degree program changes are administered through the Admisssions Office. The procedure is described on the Admissions Policies page.
The Registrar's Office confers the degree to your record based upon the approval of your academic program. This conferral will not take place until you submit a Graduation Application, which is due at the beginning of the semester you ntend to gradaute. Check the academic calendar for the application deadline and the graduation policies page for further information. (The Dean of Student's Office administers the commencement ceremony.)
To have your name changed in CIIS's student information system and on your official transcript, submit a Personal Information Update Form to the Registrar's Office in-person, by mail or by fax.
The request must include a photocopy of one of the following:
- Marriage license or divorce decree
- Court order
- Driver's license
- Certificate of naturalization
- Permanent resident card
- A valid (current) passport
- Uniformed service military ID
- The following are NOT acceptable: Social Security card; employee ID; professional license card
If you need an apostille to verify your transcript, graduation, or diploma, please follow the steps below:
- Write to the Registrar’s Office requesting the apostille to be attached to a transcript, certification or graduation, or copy of the diploma, and say to which country it is being sent, and include $50 in cash, traveler's check, or international money order (made out to CIIS) for each apostille requested. A personal check drawn on a U.S. bank is also acceptable.
- The Registrar's Office prepares the document, and signs and embosses it in the presence of a notary public.
- The California Secretary of State needs to authenticate the signature of the notary. The Registrar's Offices sends the document, along with a check for the charges, to the Secretary of State. We include a cover letter explaining what is wanted, the name of the country in which the apostille is expected to be used, and a stamped envelope addressed to us.
- When we receive the apostille and original document back, we send the whole package on to the originally requested address.
The process usually takes three to four weeks. A comprehensive description of the apostille is available at the website of the U.S. Department of State.
NOTE: If you are not a CIIS student you must register using the Special Student Application.
CIIS students may register in one of two ways:
Your CIIS student ID card will show your student ID number, allow you to check out books from the CIIS Library and other libraries, gain entrance to the CIIS Computer Labs, and can be used for discounts at certain businesses. You receive an ID card when you first register and pay for courses.
You should have your ID card at all times when you are on campus, and be ready to present it to any CIIS personnel if asked. There is no charge for the initial ID card. If you lose it, the replacement fee is $10.
The Registrar's Office will issue you a card only when you present a government issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport. The card includes your photograph, which is taken in the Registrar's Office.
Students who cannot come into the Registrar’s Office will be issued a non-photo card, mailed to the address CIIS has on file. Photo IDs will be issued for such students if they email a clear, well-lit digital face picture and a scanned copy of a current government-issued photo ID, to email@example.com.
The ID card must be affixed with a current sticker to be valid. Stickers are issued by the Registrar's Office every term to students who request them (they are not mass-mailed).
To make a request, please come to the 4th floor Registrar's Office, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (415) 575-6126.
The Registrar's Office issues both official and unofficial transcripts in the following ways:
- Official transcripts are printed on transcript paper and delivered in a sealed envelope. To request an offiicial transcript be sent to you or to a third party, download the Transcript Request Form.
- Unofficial transcripts can viewed and printed via MyCIIS. Log in and click the View Grades and Transcript link under the Registration tab. The Registrar's Office does not issue hard copies of unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are issued only to current students
Regular Service: $7 per copy ($3.50 per copy for orders of ten or more), up to 14 business days processing time
Rush Service: $12 per copy (no discount for bulk orders), 2 business day processing time and sent via regular mail delivery. Rush service is not available the week before and the week after a semester begins.
Unofficial Transcripts: No charge
Enrollment Verification (i.e. Loan Deferment)
CIIS has outsourced our enrollment verification services to the National Student Clearinghouse. Every month we transmit our students' enrollment data to the Clearinghouse where it is made available to lenders, servicers, and guarantors who have become members of the Clearinghouse. If the agent inquiring about your enrollment is not a member of the Clearinghouse, they will need to submit a request. There is a nominal fee for this service.
Degree and/or GPA Verification
To request that CIIS verify your degree, grades and/or grade-point average, download and submit an Enrollment, Degree and GPA Verification Form. Verifications are free of charge. Please allow up to three business days for processing (ten during the week before and after a semester starts). Do not direct inquirers to the National Student Clearinghouse, as CIIS does not transmit degree information to them.