For All New Students
All newly admitted students are considered for the CIIS Opportunity Scholarship. There is no separate application for this scholarship. Awards are determined primarily on financial need and you are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Quick facts/guidelines: Opportunity Scholarship
- Opportunity Scholarships are on a first-come first-serve basis
- Complete the most current FAFSA as soon as possible
- You must be fully admitted and enrolled full time
- Scholarships are for two years: fall and spring semesters only
- If you change programs, you will retain your existing scholarship for the duration of the remaining two years
- International students do not need to complete a FAFSA
The Opportunity Scholarship is funded from donations, gifts and endowments to the Institute. Generally, our CIIS Development Office will contact recipients of these donors-sponsored scholarships. To see who makes the Opportunity Scholarships possible, please click here.
For New Undergraduate Students
There are two competitive $10,000 scholarships available to new students entering the 2013-14 Bachelor of Arts Completion Program.
This scholarship is specifically for any student who meets the following criteria:
- Complete the most current version of FAFSA (2013-14)
- Submit a complete admission application by the April 1 priority deadline.
- Write a one-page addendum answering the following question:
"What communities are you connected to and how do you see your education enhancing the ways in which you work with an in those communities?"
Note: This essay should be included with your application packet and all criteria met by April 1 for fall applicants and October 15 for spring applicants.
For New Integrative Health Studies Masters Students
New students who have successfully completed the Sound, Voice, and Music Healing Certificate Program may receive additional scholarship funds to their Opportunity scholarship if they meet the following requirements:
- Admitted to the Integrative Health Studies the following semester (fall or spring)
- Filed a FAFSA (CIIS school code is 012154)
- Enroll full-time (defined by the Registrar)
- The funds will be available until one year from the completion of the certificate program
Note: The amount of this additional scholarship is $3500.
For Continuing Students
All scholarships for continuing students require an application. Pay careful attention to the scholarship packet for required documentation.
For Doctoral and Masters Students
The Annual Institute Scholarship is supported by donations and gifts. Generally, our CIIS Development Office will contact recipients of these donor-sponsored scholarships. For a list of donors, please click here.
- Applications Opens June 01. Deadline is July 01.
- Complete the online scholarship application through MyCIIS. Note: You must be logged in as a current student.
- Must have completed a minimum of 15 units by the application deadline.
- Complete the most current FAFSA - CIIS school code is 012154. Note: International students are exempt from this requirement
- Scholarship awards range from $500 to $2,000, per year
There are research based scholarships available to our students. How to apply for the scholarships and its deadlines are available in your MyCIIS account (you must be logged in to view this information).