Please see the individual graduate pages for a FULL list of requirements
Every program at CIIS requires:
If you are applying for the BA completion program, please fill out the ‘undergraduate application.’ If you are applying to a graduate or PhD program, please fill out the ‘graduate application.’ ONLY complete the ‘readmission application’ if you were previously a student at CIIS and left your program before completion.
A non-refundable $65 application fee (not required for continuing alumni):
You will be prompted for payment upon completing your online application. You can also pay by calling our business office directly.
We require official transcripts from all accredited academic institutions attended within the United States. Transcripts must arrive in their official, sealed envelopes. We do accept electronic transcripts when they are sent directly from your academic institution. These can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific programs may also require:
- Autobiographical Statement: A four-to-six page (typed, double-spaced) introspective autobiographical statement discussing your values, emotional and spiritual insights, aspirations, and life experiences that have led to your decision to apply. (BAC and EWP applicants, please see department pages for requirements)
- Goal Statement: A one-page (typed, double-spaced) statement of your educational and professional objectives.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Letters of recommendation will be accepted from academic advisors, professors, professional supervisors or someone able to attest to your ability to undertake the work required for your program. Recommenders should use standard business format and include full contact information-name, email, phone number, and mailing address. Letters can be submitted directly to email@example.com or through ‘MyCiis.’
- Academic Writing Sample: A writing sample of eight to ten pages (typed, double-spaced) that demonstrates your capacity to think critically and reflectively and demonstrates graduate level writing abilities. A sample that uses outside sources must include proper citations. You may submit copies of previous work, such as a recent academic paper, article, or report that reflects scholarly abilities.
- Art Sample: Please see MFA requirements
- Resume or CV: A collection of relevant career, volunteer and community involvement.
Bachelor Completion Applicants, please see Admission requirments here: Bachelors Completion Program
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY EXCESS MATERIALS WILL BE DISCARDED