Miri Hunter Haruach, Ph.D., is a scholar, actor and a singer/songwriter.
She is past President of the American Academy of Religion, Western Region and presents at conferences around the world, speaking on topics such as women's spirituality, diversity and multiculturalism, social activism, and various topics related to the Jewish and African diasporas.
She is a contributor to the Encyclopedia of Women's Folklore and Folklife (2009) and Goddesses in World Culture (2010). She is also faculty advisor for the peer reviewed journal "Ochre." Her poetry has been published by VISIONS and ILIAD PRESS. She has just completed her first collection of poetry, entitled Dancing With The Wind: a sacred love story (2011). In the summer of 2009, she was selected as one of 6 writers to be read at the annual Los Angeles Emerging Writers Short Fiction Series. Other writings have appeared in Bridges: A Journal for Jewish Feminists (2001, 2011), and She is Everywhere: an anthology of women's spirituality (2005).
As an actress, Miri has toured nationally with her one woman shows "Grandmothers of the Universe" and "The Queen of Sheba? Yes I Am!" She has also been featured in national commercials and independent films.
Her musical CD, based on the Book of Psalms, is entitled The Ways of Love. "My Soul Will Be Restored" from that CD, was voted International Folk Song of the Year 2007 by Toronto Exclusive Music Magazine. Miri currently lives in Hollywood where she writes, performs and teaches workshops on the wisdom of the Queen of Sheba and the Tree of Life. She also facilitates workshops and meditation groups on kundalini energy.
POETRY AND STORY
- In Search of Her Own Desire, short story collection, Lulu Press, 2013
- Moving Beyond the Hyphen: African American Jewish Women
- Bridges: A Journal of Jewish Feminist Writings, Spring 2011
- Dancing With the Wind, poetry collection, Lulu Press, 2011
- Goddesses in World Culture, ed,. Patricia Monaghan, Praeger Press, 2010
- Women's Encyclopedia of Folklore and Folklife, edited by Locke et al, Greenwood Press, 2008
- The Queen of Sheba Wisdom Oracle: Divination System, Project Sheba, 2004
- "The Sigh of the Earth," She is Everywhere, anthology, ed. by Lucia Birnbaum, Iuniverse, 2005
- "I Am Here" / "The Dance of Your Eyes" poetry anthology Relationships ed. Illiad Press, 2004
- "Intoxication", in the poetry anthology Visions , JMW Publishing 2004
- "The Dance of Your Eyes" and "I Am Moved", ed. The International Library of Poetry, 2004
- "Yemenite Dance," Bridges: A Journal of Jewish Feminist Writings, Summer 2001
- The Pregnancy Diaries 2006, Los Angeles CA
- The Queen of Sheba? Yes I am! 2002, San Francisco CA
- A Place to Rest My Tired Feet 2001, San Francisco CA
- Theme and Variations 1993, San Francisco CA
- Fair Is Foul and Foul is Fair 1992, San Francisco CA
- Grandmothers of the Universe 1995, San Francisco CA
- Pass Interference 1990, Albuquerque NM
- Sins of the Father 1989, Boston MA
Miri Hunter Haruach founded PROJECT SHEBA in 2002. The Mission of PROJECT SHEBA is to provide access to personal wisdom one story at a time .
Josephine by Miri Hunter Haruach
A short story about love gone wrong.
"It Would be Enough"
A love song based the text from the Song of Songs
- CD -- And I Will Dwell CD of originial music for the spirit, in production
- CD - The Ways of Love CD of original spiritual music, 2005
- CD - Harvest of the Heart CD of original spiritual music, 1999
Enjoy some of Miri's music here >>