Apply to the Transformative Leadership Program
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2015 FALL SEMESTER. APPLY TODAY!
Focused on building each student's individual capacity for leadership, this program helps participants articulate their own vision and philosophy and apply their learning in life and work. The program is ideal for individuals looking for an opportunity to explore what is truly meaningful to them, and develop the skills to make their vision a reality. Personal growth takes place in our committed, online community of learners, which connects colleagues around the world for a truly global perspective.
Our alumni apply their knowledge in such fields as non-profit organizations, education, broadcasting, and municipal government to consulting.
The faculty are nationally and internationally known as authors, researchers and change agents. Working with them through coursework and a capstone project, students cultivate their own abilities to think strategically and reframe issues, relate flexibly across cultures and differences of opinion, reflect on the roles and responsibilities of leaders, and envision and implement change.
Students may opt to take a three-course Focus in Partnership Studies.
- Admissions Application
- Non-refundable $65 Application Fee
- Degree Requirement: An undergraduate degree (BA, BS, or the equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all accredited academic institutions attended within the United States. Transcripts must arrive in their official, sealed envelopes.
- Goal Statement: A one-page (typed, double-spaced) statement of your educational and professional objectives.
- Autobiographical Statement: A four-to-six page (typed, double-spaced) a self-reflective autobiographical statement discussing your values and aspirations, and the life experiences that have led to your decision to apply.
- Academic Writing Sample: A writing sample of eight to ten pages (typed, double-spaced) that demonstrates your capacity to think critically and reflectively and demonstrates graduate level writing abilities. A sample that uses outside sources must include proper citations. You may submit copies of previous work, such as a recent academic paper, article, or report that reflects scholarly abilities.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Recommenders should use standard business format and include full contact information-name, email, phone number, and mailing address.
International students and individuals who have studied at institutions outside the US and Canada may have additional requirements. Please see the International Student page for details.
Visit Applying to CIIS for more information. If you have any additional questions about admissions, please contact our admissions counselor: