Partnership with Institute for Integrative Nutrition
CIIS is pleased to announce a partnership agreement with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, the world's largest educator of whole foods nutrition programs for an eager new tier of professionals helping others make health-enhancing changes.
The IIN graduate of the Health Coaching Training Program can now take their knowledge and skills to the next level by pursuing the M.A. in Integrative Health Studies at CIIS, and apply for advanced standing.
CIIS is the first university to offer a master's degree in Integrative Health Studies that includes an embedded Certificate in Integrative Wellness Coaching and Wellness Management, along with a Certificate in Guided Imagery. The CIIS degree has been recognized with an unprecedented 402 Approved Coach Specific Training Hours from the International Coach Federation (ICF).
The master's program has documented a high rate of successful employment for graduates seeking leadership positions as wellness managers, health coaches and educators for corporations, hospitals, clinics and in private practices.
Through this partnership, IIN graduates are eligible to receive up to 6 semester credits if they meet the CIIS admissions requirements and hold a bachelor's degree.
The 40-semester credit curriculum is offered through residential program with some online, evening and weekend courses. Plans are underway to bring the degree into a hybrid format, a combination of low-residency and online courses.
CIIS M.A. Integrative Health Studies Degree Highlights
- Awarded Academic Excellence honors from the National Wellness Institute
- Received a significant 402 contact hours as a provider of with the International Coach Federation
- Renowned and expert faculty
- Department Chair serves on Executive leadership with the National Consortium for Credentialing Health and Wellness Coaches
- Relevant 200-hour, real-world internships that have turned into career opportunities for some graduates