Apply to the Integrative Health Studies MA Program
ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAM
California Institute of Integral Studies actively seeks a diverse student body, one whose varied backgrounds, experiences, and interests help cultivate a rich and rewarding educational experience for all.
Decisions regarding admission are based on consideration of the applicant's potential for success in the chosen field of study based upon
- past academic/professional achievement, maturity, and motivation for educational and personal development; and
- the congruence of the applicant's interests with the philosophy and purpose of the program and Institute.
Applicants should have a demonstrated capacity to learn and work both independently and collaboratively.
This two-year, nonclinical program attracts passionate people who have a clear commitment to bridging Western biomedicine and Eastern alternative/complementary approaches to treatment. Your work in this program combines intellectually rigorous courses with applied learning through internships and embodied practice.
In addition to developing theoretical knowledge, you acquire practical skills, including a special focus on integrative wellness coaching. Graduates work in private practice, hospitals and clinics, wellness programs, and international nongovernmental organizations.
- Admissions Application
- Non-refundable $65 Application Fee
- Degree Requirement: An undergraduate degree (BA, BS, or the equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all accredited academic institutions attended within the United States. Transcripts must arrive in their official, sealed envelopes.
- Autobiographical Statement: 4-6 pages (typed, double-spaced) Let us know how you were raised, the family you came from, your upbringing, schooling, major events that shaped who you are today. What makes YOU the person YOU ARE today...Just give an idea of what you did, what you went through, and the values you learned.
- Personal Goal Statement: One page (typed, double-spaced) You have to answer the question, "What would you like to be doing with this degree? Where can you see yourself working? In what capacity? How would you like to apply a Masters in Integrative Health Studies with a wellness coaching certificate? What would you dream career be?
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation, preferably from colleagues in the field of integrative health. Recommenders should use standard business format and include full contact information-name, email, phone number, and mailing address.
International students and individuals who have studied at institutions outside the US and Canada may have additional requirements. Please see the International Student page for details.
For more information on applying, please visit Apply Now. If you have any additional questions about admissions, please contact our admissions counselor: