Integrative Health Studies Program
M.A. in Integrative Health Studies
This award-winning, 40-credit program is the first in the nation to prepare master's level leaders in the expanding fields of integrative health and wellness coaching. The curriculum offers in-depth study in the intersecting fields that are transforming health care from its current, ongoing crisis to one that emphasizing the use of preventive strategies in wellness and health promotion. Graduates of the program enter a wide range of professional leadership positions as wellness managers, coaches, practitioners, educators and researchers.
A unique feature of this Integrative Health M.A. degree is integral learning, which includes rigorous scholarship, embodied learning, mind-body-spirit integration, and community activism. Combining multiple ways of knowing, traditional healing wisdom, and evidence-based modalities, the program includes coursework and collaborative learning in:
- complementary and alternative healing modalities
- multicultural perspectives, health equity and social justice
- integrative wellness coaching (embedded CIIS certificate)
- integrative wellness management for organizations
- indigenous healing arts
- neuroscientific findings on motivation, behavior change and self-care
- whole foods, nutrition, analysis of dietary approaches (Paleolithic, raw, vegan)
- mind/body approaches to stress management and mindfulness practices
- movement, holistic fitness and physical activity as "medicine"
- special training in guided imagery, coaching psychology and Enneagram
- academic credit available for specific creativity and sound healing workshops
With the acknowledged crisis in health care, the use of preventive strategies in health promotion has emerged as a priority for true reform. Please visit our Blog to read about these issues.