Apply to the Integral Counseling Psychology (MA) Program
The program seeks individuals who:
- have some background or interest in spirituality (e.g., integral/East-West Philosophy)
- are pursuing a path of personal growth (e.g., yoga, meditation, psychotherapy)
- have demonstrated a capacity to learn and work both independently and collaboratively
- show a demonstrated commitment to the field (e.g., volunteer or paid experience in a psychologically-oriented community service agency)
Please follow the following steps to apply for the ICP program. International applicants and North American students who studied abroad are subject to additional requirements.
Both the ICP and ICPW programs have reached a waitlist for the 2015 Fall Semester and are no longer accepting applications. The 2016 Spring Semester Applications for the ICP program will open on August 30, 2015.
Submit a Graduate Application for Admission, which includes a non-refundable $65 application fee. If you are unable to complete the transaction online, please call the Business Office at 415-575-6132 to pay over the phone.
An undergraduate degree (BA, BS, or the equivalent) from an accredited college or university is a prerequisite for this program. We require official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate academic institutions attended, regardless of whether or not you received a degree. This includes transfer credits from institutions where you have earned 7 or more units.
US and Canadian transcripts must arrive in their official, sealed envelopes. Electronic transcripts sent directly from your academic institution can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All transcripts from schools outside the United States and Canada must be sent, at the applicant's expense, to World Education Services (WES) foreign credential evaluation service. A course-by-course report is required for all programs and will be used in lieu of the CIIS application requirement for original transcripts. CIIS accepts the WES 'Basic' report, but applicants may wish to complete the 'ICAP.'
Email the following documents in either a PDF or Word (.doc) file format to email@example.com:
- Autobiographical Statement: A four-to-six page (typed, double-spaced) introspective autobiographical statement describing your personal values, emotional and spiritual insights, and meaningful life experiences that are foundational to your development and led to your decision to apply.
- Goal Statement: A one-page (typed, double-spaced) statement of your professional goals and objectives that demonstrates your commitment to the field of integral counseling.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Letters of recommendation will be accepted from academic advisors, professors, professional supervisors, or someone else able to attest to your ability to undertake the work required for your program. Recommenders should use standard business format and include full contact information: name, email, phone number, and mailing address.