Apply to the Bachelor's Completion Program
Now accepting applications for spring 2014!
Applicants should have a demonstrated capacity to learn and work both independently and collaboratively. Applicants must meet the general admissions requirements of the Institute, as well as specific requirements for the program. These include the following:
Application for Admission
Application Fee ($65, non-refundable)
Admission Essay: Submit an essay (four to seven pages typed, double-spaced) that incorporates discussion of the following:
- Experiences that shaped your desire to return to college now
- Experiences that have prepared you to work well in a cohort learning environment
- Your goals and expectations for yourself in the program
- Why you have chosen CIIS and, specifically, the Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion program to complete your degree
Previous Undergraduate Work: A minimum of 60 transferable semester units. (Learn more about what constitutes transferable units.)
Transcripts: Official transcripts from all accredited academic institutions attended. Transcripts must arrive in their official, sealed envelopes.
Two Letters of Recommendation: Recommenders should use standard business format and include full contact information (name, email, phone number, and mailing address).
A pre-admissions interview with either the director or a faculty member.
*For International students, there are additional requirements. Please see the International Student page for more information.
Additional Application Requirements for the Minor in Critical PsychologyThe following lower-division prerequisites* are necessary before declaring a minor in Critical Psychology (which is available with a fall semester start date only):
- General or Introductory Psychology (3-units)
- Second Psychology Course (3-units)
- Third Psychology Course or Sociology Course or Anthropology Course (3-units)
*These prerequisites should have been taken within the last 7 years.
Apply online at MyCIIS, our student portal. Please check deadlines before submitting an application and visit Applying to CIIS for more information. If you require a paper application, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions about admissions to the BA Degree Completion Program, please contact: