Expressive Arts Therapy Student Learning Outcomes (May 2013)
Students will be able to:
- Apply Expressive Arts Therapy theories, practices, and scholarship to work as a therapist.
- Integrate a variety of Expressive Arts Therapy Skills into their professional practice.
- Synthesize a broad knowledge of psychotherapy and systems theories, practices, and scholarship to inform work as a therapist.
- Employ MFT assessment and counseling skills with diverse populations.
- Apply principles of social justice and client empowerment in therapy.
- Apply principles of inclusion, equity and cultural awareness in therapy.
- Bridge their personal development with their preparation to work as a therapist.
- Integrate expressive arts and recovery-oriented principles and practices into treatment plans.