Job Title: Registrar Coordinator
Department: Registrar’s Office
Status: Non Exempt
Reporting to the Registrar, the Registrar Coordinator is a critical position in maintaining and protecting the integrity of our students’ records. The Coordinator performs day-to-day operations including registering students; maintaining and disclosing student records information; explaining academic and administrative policies and procedures; and other special projects as assigned. The ideal candidate has excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills, and an exceptional attention for detail and accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact in a pleasant and efficient manner with faculty, students, and staff in person, on the phone, and via e-mail.
- Explain academic and administrative policies; appropriately forward requests for exceptions to supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining and updating an efficient and accurate student records system in accordance with the policies of the American Association of Collegiate Registrar’s and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Fulfill registration, transcript, degree and enrollment verification, degree program change, and personal information update requests.
- Guide students through online registration.
- Produce student ID cards and stickers.
- Act as coordinator for the Institute’s Financial Petition Committee.
- Enter and change grades.
- Assist in preparing the Class Schedule.
- Monitor access to student records.
- Maintain inventory of Registrar’s Office forms and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or equivalent
- Minimum of one to two years experience working in an academic environment, preferably in a registrar’s office.
- Intermediate knowledge of integrated educational database, particularly Jenzabar, strongly preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word; basic knowledge of MS Excel, HTML, internet browsers and email usage.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures; correct English usage and grammar; recordkeeping; basic research techniques.
- Customer service experience; ability to promote and sustain effective working relationships within a multicultural environment; ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to quickly learn and clearly communicate detailed information; experience with working with confidential information.
- Ability to manage tight timelines and appropriately ranking the importance of multiple tasks.
- Ability to remain composed while responding to simultaneous requests for attention.
- Minimum typing speed of 45 words per minute.
To apply, upload resume and cover letter as one document through this link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=514658
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).