Public Programs Associate Director
California Institute of Integral Studies
Position: Public Programs Associate Director
Department: Public Programs
This is a Full Time Exempt position
Throughout its programs, the California Institute of Integral Studies strives to integrate mind, body, and spirit within an academic framework that promotes multiple ways of knowing and learning. With a mission to inspire personal and social transformation, Public Programs & Performances acts as an extension of the university offering approximately 100-150 lectures and workshops annually including 10-15 large offsite performances, multi-faceted conferences, ongoing certificate programs and more. Public Programs & Performances is in a pivotal moment as it works to cultivate new audiences, develop new content areas that fit the Institute's mission and offer new visions for personal and social transformation. The Associate Director is responsible for directing the branding, marketing and promotions of Public Programs & Performances. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our programs and able to think creatively on how to promote individual workshops, concerts, conferences and lectures, as well brand the entire program successfully. The Associate Director will be responsible to develop relationships with key stakeholders and partners including consulates, local business, partnering nonprofits. He/she should give particular emphasis to digital marketing and increasing our online presence through editorial on key blogs. He/she will equally be responsible for planning our social media strategy and increasing the notoriety of the program through the Bay Area. He/she will have a constant finger on the pulse of what is trending in the world of marketing events and should be continually strategizing how to fill key programs as well as identify new speakers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct marketing efforts for all Public Programs & Performances programming.
- Supervise Senior Marketing Director.
- Develops relationships with key community partners to further promote programs.
- Direct social media strategy.
- Oversee advertising strategy in form of print, online and social media.
- Develop streaming content from live lectures.
- Develops digital marketing strategy.
- Develop new marketing strategies to both promote individual programs and brand entire program as the premiere center for consciousness, activism and the performing arts.
- Serves at representative of program at key events and in community.
- Identify new content area to draw new audiences and procure locally and nationally known speakers.
- Supervisee Programs Associate.
- Identifies and develops new certificate programs.
- Develops online programming.
- Acts as liaison between presenters and department.
- Creates relationships with publishers and agents to find new presenters.
- Interfaces with CIIS faculty, staff, and students, as well as external agencies on a wide range of program and event issues
- Develop programs engaging for new tech and professional audiences in San Francisco.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required and Master's Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of program development, event/program marketing and/or event production experience with attention to developing new markets is highly desirable.
- Experience overseeing complex marketing strategies.
- Experience supervising teams.
- Experience negotiating financial terms.
- Comfort with managing budgets.
- Understanding of digital marketing strategy.
- Understanding of strategy for obtaining editorial coverage.
- Experience developing multi-faceted programs.
- General knowledge of intellectual content and conversations taking place in popular culture.
- Appreciation for performing arts and holistic education.
- Superior diplomacy skills
- Professional written and oral communication skills a must
- Ability to work independently, operate under pressure, prioritize work assignments, and multi-task several ongoing projects
- Understanding of CIIS's unique culture and ability to develop new audiences
- General understanding of higher education institutions is desirable
- The ideal candidate will be flexible, visionary, good natured, and will have a sense of humor
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).