Program Coordinator, Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program
TITLE: Program Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program
SUPERVISOR: Senior Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: 80% position - 32 hours per week, Non-Exempt
START DATE: November 1, 2015
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco is a pioneer in integrative higher education, providing interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. The school offers master's and doctoral degrees, as well as a Bachelor of Arts completion degree. We are conveniently located in the SOMA district of San Francisco which is a quick walk from BART, Muni and other public transportation.
The Program Coordinator for the Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program is responsible for providing outstanding administrative support and student services for the PsyD department. The Program Coordinator is the first point of contact for students and coordinates all student services and paperwork flow for the department. They also will provide direct support to our Program Chair and other faculty as well as be the primary holder of the program's data entry needs. Candidates must be available between the hours 9am-6pm Monday to Friday. This position works under the direct supervision of the PsyD Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate student, staff and faculty mail distribution
- Take notes at program meetings
- Assure technical support - including A/V needs, student lab, and copier
- Assure facilities/operations support - including fire safety
- Assist in formatting and maintaining department syllabi
- Maintain student paper and digital files and records
- Update material on MyCIIS and CANVAS as needed
- Maintain psychological assessment library (e.g., ordering of testing materials)
- Data entry in Jenzabar and internal PsyD program databases
- Assist Program Manager with special projects as necessary
Student Services: 40%
- Be first point of contact for general student questions (e.g. registration issues)
- Offer back up to front-desk person (answer phones, greet visitors, handle general walk-in and email inquiries)
- Provide students with general communications, information and updates about the program
- Develop and distribute important dates and other calendars
- Maintain current advisor list
- Coordinate class scheduling process and room reservations
- Coordinate admissions application process, interviews and prospective student campus tours
- Coordinate the process of annual comprehensive exams
Program Chair support: 20%
- Manage calendar
- Assist with special data entry projects as needed
- Assist with accreditation related projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree from a four- year college (Bachelor's degree in Psychology or related field preferred)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be comfortable with data collection and entry
- Minimum of two - four years of administrative experience in an office environment
- Strong organizational, administrative, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and customer service orientation - ability to interact with students, faculty, staff and the community with sensitivity and diplomacy
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work well under pressure and multitask across a range of responsibilities
- Self starter - must be able to work and manage time independently and efficiently
- General understanding of the graduate academic environment, including issues of confidentiality
- Familiarity with the field of psychology and/or higher-education, highly desirable
- Experience working in the helping profession, desirable
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
For more information about this position please contact Monica Munjal, Senior Program Manager, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (415)575-6213.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).