MA Expressive Arts Therapy Faculty Position
This is a full time faculty position.
Starting Date: Fall 2013
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Expressive Arts Therapy Program of the California Institute of Integral Studies announces an opening for a full time faculty position. We are seeking a candidate who has broad and deep familiarity with the counseling psychology field in general and multimodal expressive arts therapy in particular. We are looking for candidates who can teach classes including Clinical Applications of Expressive Arts Therapy, Arts in Therapy, and History and Foundations of Expressive Arts Therapy.
The program grants students a MA in Counseling Psychology with a Concentration in Expressive Arts Therapy and prepares students for licensure in Marriage and Family Therapy in the State of California. It also prepares students for eligibility as Registered Expressive Arts Therapists.
- Experience in applying expressive arts approaches with diverse populations in a range of settings
- Strong clinical experience
- Broad-based knowledge of range of psychological theories and practices
- Skilled at integrating expressive arts practices into the art of teaching
- Strong teaching record with proven ability in weaving multicultural concepts and practices into the curriculum
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Accreditation or registration in one or more expressive arts therapy fields at time of appointment or within one academic year. We are particularly interested in candidates with the REAT
- Knowledge of the Recovery Model and related collaborative approaches desirable
- Student advising experience
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology or related field strongly preferred
- License eligibility as a Psychologist, LMFT, LPCC, LCSW in the State of California required
Owing to the unique nature of the California Institute for Integral Studies’ philosophy, candidates are urged to closely review the CIIS website in general and the Expressive Arts Therapy pages in particular to assess personal alignment with programmatic and institutional missions.
Applicants should submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state explicitly which position you are applying for.
- Curriculum vitae,
- Two letters of recommendation
- 2-3 page statement detailing their:
- 1) expressive arts & psychotherapy background
- 2) personal teaching philosophy and its fit with CIIS’s philosophy
- 3) experience of teaching and working in diverse settings.
If you have any questions about the position, please email Rania Shah at email@example.com.
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff.