Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator
Department: Educational Technology
Position: Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator
Supervisor: Manager, Educational Technology and Online Services
This is a full-time, Non-Exempt position
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco is a pioneer in integrative higher education, providing interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. We are conveniently located in the SOMA district of San Francisco which is a quick walk from BART, Muni and other public transportation.
The LMS Administrator supports the Manager of Educational Technology and Online Services in maintaining the CIIS online and hybrid class environments by supporting students, faculty, and staff. The Administrator retrieves data from multiple databases, tracks enrollment in online courses, tracks the schedule of online classes and related changes, responds to routine and sensitive e-mail communications, creates and maintains electronic files and training materials, and posts documents to the online platform.
Hours are within Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm, with some early evening or weekend hours flexibility occasionally needed, especially at the start of the Fall and Spring semesters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides extensive electronic data entry, retrieval, and processing administrative assistance to Manager Monitors one or more e-mail inboxes in a routine and timely manner to provide student technological support and troubleshoot administrative and/or faculty issues and problems
- Supports online student access, student registration database changes, online student databases, and end of semester student archiving procedures
- Assists the Manager in the development, coordination, and implementation of training and orientation for faculty and students in all online/hybrid programs and departments
- Prepares complex Excel documents in support of online course creation, retrieval, and information maintenance
- Works with the Manager to support online and/or hybrid course creation at CIIS
- Utilizes Snag It! (and/or other technology tools) to develop instructional guides for student and departmental training purposes
- Troubleshoots online course scheduling and ensures integrity with official course descriptions and data elements listed in the Catalog and on file with the Registrar's Office
- Assists production of critical documentation, such as web tutorials, videos, and FAQs
- Participates in Educational Technology office meetings and related meetings as necessary with other offices such as Information Technology and the Registrar's Office
- Provides general administrative assistance as needed
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-3 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced and deadline oriented environment
- Highly computer literate; very familiar with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Very detail oriented data entry skills required
- Able to work independently and effectively in a dynamic, evolving environment
- Excellent proof-reading and editing skills
- Experience with course management system software highly desired
- Previous experience with educational technology and/or online education highly desired
- Previous experience with Canvas LMS highly desired
- Previous training experience in a face-to-face and webinar environment highly desired
Note to Candidate:
- Physical Requirements:
This position requires the ability to:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs, occasionally
- Working Conditions:
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS strongly pursues diversity in its hiring practices. Diversity refers to the variety of experiences and perspectives which arise from differences in race, culture, spiritual practice/religion, physical abilities, heritage, appearance, age, gender, sexual orientation, social class, nationality, and other characteristics.
CIIS values and promotes diversity because it enhances academic excellence, the educational experience, and the learning environment. CIIS believes equal opportunity for all students, faculty and staff is essential to successfully achieving our mission.