Human Resources Generalist
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Supervisor: Assistant Director, Human Resources
Status: Nonexempt, benefits-eligible position
CIIS is a pioneer in integrative higher education, providing interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and applied studies with graduate programs in psychology, philosophy, religion, cultural anthropology, transformative studies and leadership, integrative health, and the arts. We also have an undergraduate completion program. We are conveniently located in the SOMA district of San Francisco which is a quick walk from BART, Muni and other public transportation.
Our HR department seeks a highly-organized HR professional to join our team. This generalist will be involved in a number of HR functions, with a focus on supporting the employment cycle, data entry, and reporting.
- Manage the recruitment process for non-exempt and exempt positions, including posting jobs internally and externally, follow-up on status of jobs & compliance of hiring process, coordinating interviews and/or working with search committees, conduct background checks, track open positions through reporting
- Manage the employment process (new hire through termination) by ordering business cards, conduct new hire orientations, enter all new hire forms and changes into ADP system (direct deposit, change of address, status changes)
- Accurate and timely data entry of all personnel data; responsible for reporting data to various departments/agencies (Dept of Labor, EDD, etc.)
- Maintain personnel files, including archiving and conducting audits to ensure employee files are accurate and in-compliance, proper storage & destruction of records
- Manage the time and attendance process & troubleshoot issues
- Prepare and maintain HR materials such as new hire packets, employee handbook, general HR forms, and the electronic forms on the HR intranet page
- Ensure I-9 documents are accurately maintained and complete in accordance with federal regulations
- Coordinate with Academic VP office to ensure processing and completion of faculty and other contracts (core, adjuncts, TAs, RAs)
- Provide quality customer service, office management, smooth work flow and backup on other HR functions
- Process wage garnishments, levies, unemployment claims, wage & employment verifications
- Support the performance review process and other HR functions as needed (compensation, benefits, etc.)
- Coordinate HR sponsored events
- Special projects as assigned
REQUIRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years experience in Human Resources or related fields
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university or related work experience
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information professionally and discreetly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to serve as a liaison for the HR department interfacing with other internal and external partners
- High Proficiency in MS Office, with at least intermediate Excel skills.
- ADP familiarity (or equivalent HRIS).
- Excellent reporting skills
This position requires the ability to:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, and occasionally walk up several flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs, occasionally.
Salary DOE. In this position you will receive two weeks of paid vacation to start, approximately 20 paid holidays per year, and two weeks sick leave. CIIS also offers an array of health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401k, tuition remission, and more.
If you are interested in this opportunity, click on the link to apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8144341
Please upload your cover letter/resume as one document.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
CIIS strongly pursues diversity in its hiring practices. Diversity refers to the variety of experiences and perspectives which arise from differences in race, culture, spiritual practice/religion, physical abilities, heritage, appearance, age, gender, sexual orientation, social class, nationality, and other characteristics.
CIIS values and promotes diversity because it enhances academic excellence, the educational experience, and the learning environment. CIIS believes equal opportunity for all students, faculty and staff is essential to successfully achieving our mission.